PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Matador Records posted on Facebook today that they found an extra stash of the limited deluxe double vinyl.

They're here. Can't see the price though since I don't have an account.

http://www.popmarket.com/queens-of-the-stone-age-like-clockwork-deluxe-double-vinyl-edition/details/29221235

It's $35

I had ordered this in the sale as well, and got the standard version. I was choked at first, and then I was like "shit, I saved an assload of cash on all these, win win"

Same here.

I bought the deluxe during the Oldies.com sale for $23.But then Oldies sent me the standard version. I emailed them and they sent me a deluxe version right away (which I received a few days ago). 

Matador did have the deluxe version on sale on their 1-day sale for like $17 or something, but I still ain't mad at $23. 

• 3 years later...

Too early for a new PO thread, but it looks like their next single is coming July 31st (called Head Boy Machine), which means an album will likely follow in September or October. Cannot fucking wait. Favorite band.

This isn't confirmed but seems legit, also makes sense with more live dates having just been announced. Same pattern as Clockwork.

r8742hjpqdhy.jpg

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

That's exciting. I wish it was coming sooner and I really hope its better than ....Like Clockwork. Like a lot better.

Really? I absolutely loved LC, up there with their best for me. I had some issues with production on a couple of songs but that's me being nit-picky.

Excited to see what a full album with Theodore sounds like. Josh never lets me down.

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

That's just the first problem.

Didn't Theodore only play drums on one track though (the titular one)?

Josh has probably mellowed out overall. If the less-mellow tracks on LC like Smooth Sailing and MGITS weren't your thing, I'm not sure how much Josh will push past that level of rawk on the next LP. Who knows, maybe he surprises. But I loved the mix and flow of LC entirely. Some of the more mellow shit was the best.

14 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Josh Homme: Enlists Jon Theodore for the first time. Makes mellowest album to date with him.

That's just the first problem.

You may be the only person I've ever seen who was disappointed by ...LC.

Now repress SFTD goddammit. It's been my whale since I started collecting. It would be so exciting for me that I vow to do a giveaway for a new copy if they ever do repress it. 

12 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Didn't Theodore only play drums on one track though (the titular one)?

Josh has probably mellowed out overall. If the less-mellow tracks on LC like Smooth Sailing and MGITS weren't your thing, I'm not sure how much Josh will push past that level of rawk on the next LP. Who knows, maybe he surprises. But I loved the mix and flow of LC entirely. Some of the more mellow shit was the best.

Yup, Theodore played on that one, Joey Castillo played on Keep Your Eyes Peeled and maybe one more. The rest is Dave Grohl

Like Clockwork defined my life when it came out. I was absolutely obsessed that entire summer. Stoked for new QOTSA!

Having Dave Grohl play on the rest doesn't make it any better that its the mellowest. "My God Is The Sun" is pretty much THE awesome track on that album. There are like 3 tracks I think are great. The rest are just ok or worse. "I Appear Missing" is epic. I dig it. I was expecting a number of tracks like MGITS.

For me, the top albums are SFTD an Self titled with Lullabies as a close third. I like them at their more heavy/progressive stoner rock levels like the following songs:

My God Is The Sun

Someone's In The Wolf

Song For The Deaf

I Think I Lost My Headache

You Can't Quit Me Baby

Better Living Through Chemistry

And their brute heavy riff tracks like "Regular John", "No One Knows", "Sick Sick Sick" and "Mexicola" and all that.

So yeah, Like Clockwork didn't give me much to work with.

Edited by mcpherson123