PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Matador is cool. Their pressing numbers are very large. And for a QOTSA it will be even bigger. The 180 gram pressings of sonic youth's The Eternal were still floating around a year ago and I can still find the cat power-sun indie only still in stores. I wouldn't even really worry about waiting to pick these up in stores. Just my opinion.

So I preordered the deluxe even though I prefer a lighter weight for vinyl in general but when I went to check out the artist's website who did the cover art, I figured it would be stupid not to get the deluxe for the art assuming that it will have his art in it. I'm guessing it will.

Matador's vinyl release for Jaguar Love's Take Me To The Sea is easily one of the most endearing and high quality releases I've ever seen so I have high hopes for this packaging. I wish every album had a thick, glossy gatefold like that one does.

Matador updated with details of the indie exclusive:

- Standard Dbl LPs include the album on two 150 gram discs playing at 45rpm. 

- Limited Edition Indie Exclusive LPs on two 150 gram discs playing at 45rpm and featuring an alternate colored cover. 

- Limited Edition Deluxe Dbl LPs include the album on two high-quality 180 gram discs playing at 45rpm and housed in an ultra thick cover and containing a 20 page 12x12 book.

I kind of want to get the regular version also but I would have to really love this album to justify that. I guess we'll see what happens. The indie version sounds cool. I'm sure that that version will be highly sought after and will go for crazy money on eBay just for the alternate color cover no matter how many are pressed. I'm actually glad there won't be a color vinyl. That stuff gets old after a while. I'm content with black these days though "ultra clear" is a more than acceptable alternative.

I could careless about the vinyl color, I just want to listen to the damn thing. Anyone know if Lanegan is making an appearance?

Lanegan, Oliveri, Trent Reznor, Elton John are some of the names I've heard that will be on the album (through various websites/Rekords Rekords board). Lately, I haven't heard much more about Lanegan being on it though.