Caspian - The Four Trees repress & Lavinia - Take Shelter 7" Preorders

372.jpg

zD5c6a7.png

Caspian - The Four Trees

- Translucent pilsner vinyl w/maroon & black splatter (limited to 100 copies)

- Clear vinyl w/bronze swirl (limited to 100 copies)

- Bronze vinyl (limited to 400)

"Originally released on Dopamine Records in 2007, then later reissued the same year on vinyl by The Mylene Sheath, and finally re-released in 2010 on CD & digital formats by The Mylene Sheath, the debut full length by Caspian sounds just as fresh, sincere and genuine today as it did six years ago. Emotive instrumental rock that is essential listening for anyone into "post" anything. This second vinyl pressing, and first since 2007, features all new artwork and layout by long-time collaborator Nate Shumaker for Northern Lights Industries. Since releasing "The Four Trees" the band has gone on to release "Tertia" in 2009 (The Mylene Sheath), "Live at Old South Church" in early 2012 (The Mylene Sheath), and most recently, "Waking Season" in the fall of 2012 (Triple Crown), all to widespread critical acclaim. After two years of headlining, sold-out SXSW showcases and successful US tours with the likes of Minus The Bear, Cursive, Red Sparowes, Native, and Junius, as well as several European jaunts, the band appears poised for world takeover. Indeed it's high-time to make this landmark debut full-length available on vinyl once again, for the first time in half a decade. "The Four Trees" will finally be reissued on vinyl May 28th via The Mylene Sheath."

vpMejX2.png

Lavinia - Take Shelter EP

"Following their harrowing 2010 debut EP "There Is Light Between Us", Lavinia returns with their follow-up 7", "Take Shelter". Once again featuring Nate Shumaker (ex-Eksi Ekso, On Fire) on guitar and vocals and Alex Mihm (Eksi Ekso) on drums, this time Philip Jamieson (Caspian) moves to guitar instead of bass, and John Helmig (formerly of Everdown, Crown Vict) plays bass. The two new songs push even further into the bleak territory explored on the debut, with a heavier backdrop this time around. The band starts things out with the beautifully haunting "New Blood", as the shimmering guitars gradually ascend into crunchier, nastier terrain before subsiding to allow space for Shumakers refrained vocal passages, then culminating in the heaviest sound the band has ever achieved. Then you're greeted with the sorrow of "Halo", which builds up at a dreamy pace before it chugs and crushes like a forest of falling and colliding trees, a driving close-out to the 7". In addition to his bass duties, Helmig also recorded the songs at Verse Media in Manchester, NH, then they were sent off to Jason Martin (Starflyer 59) for mastering. "Take Shelter" will be released worlwide both digitally and on limited edition vinyl May 28th via The Mylene Sheath."

Limited to white w/black splatter: 100 | half white/half black: 100 | white/black swirl: 300

Preorder everything here!!!

Anyone hearing about Lavinia for the first time should check out their 2010 EP, "There Is Light Between Us".  Really solid release.

That was the CD they sent me when I purchased the small mystery bag recently.  Very solid indeed.  Gotta remember to grab this release when I get the extra cash.  Assuming they don't sell out that is!

I had a splatter pkg in my cart overnight and the transaction still went through this morning (even after it said sold out). I didn't think it would sell out THAT fast that's why I left it in my cart. But I was waiting to hear back from the Sheath about using store credit I have. I pulled the trigger just to hopefully secure it still.

Also added the clear/bronze because they are both too badass looking.

And that Lavinia song is niiiiice.