Lonesome Crowded West

Hey dudes,

So I waiting a long ass time in the cold California night last night after the Pomona show to get some vinyl signed.  After I got my record signed I asked Isaac Brock if we were going to get a Lonesome Crowded West reissue anytime soon.  He told me that they have wanted to repress it for years but had not been able to locate the original masters, so they had to go back and remaster the entire thing completely from scratch.  He said it was all done now and it should be OUT IN FOUR MONTHS.  

Very exciting news, I hope this ends up being accurate.  It was told to me by a very drunk and freshly tattooed Isaac Brock.

Incidentally, here was the set list from last night:
mmset.png

Although, luckily they also played "Trailer Trash," "Custom Concern" and "3rd Planet" which weren't on the printed set list, I think they were audience call outs.

And to help verify the story and to show off a little, the records I got signed:

mmlong.png

by Isaac Brock and Jeremiah Green

mmmoon.png

by only Isaac Brock 

Did you see the short documentary on it? It was amazing and made me fall in love with the album all over again!

Yep, I love both the Pitchfork one and the original Up Records one. I wish the Pitchfork one went through the album song by song instead of just selecting random songs but whatever. It was amazing.

Yep, I love both the Pitchfork one and the original Up Records one. I wish the Pitchfork one went through the album song by song instead of just selecting random songs but whatever. It was amazing.

Do you have a link to the Up Records once cause i've never seen it. Also i'm unbelievably excited to be able to get this and not pay $300

Great News, thanks for posting!

Any mention of "Long Drive..." or any of the other ones that weren't done with the reissues?

Anyways, thanks!

I didn't even think to ask about Long Drive because I already have it.  It didn't occur to me until I had already walked away that a shitload of people would want to know that as well.  Sorry.

^I imagine both will be released at once. Weren't they only having problems with LCW?

Do you have a link to the Up Records once cause i've never seen it. Also i'm unbelievably excited to be able to get this and not pay $300

It's all in different parts. I love the Chris Takino and Doug Martsch interviews. Some stuff will be familiar since you watched the Pitchfork one.

^I imagine both will be released at once. Weren't they only having problems with LCW?

It's all in different parts. I love the Chris Takino and Doug Martsch interviews. Some stuff will be familiar since you watched the Pitchfork one.

Awesome thanks man, I'm gonna watch that as soon as I'm off work!

This is interesting. I assumed that when I heard that the masters were missing that this included all original recordings of the songs but apparently they've found the tapes for each individual track and compiled them again into a new master recording? I'm confused but not skeptical. If they actually put that kind of work in instead of just cutting from a CD (which is unforgivable) like a lot of major labels seem to be doing, then that is awesome!

• 1 month later...