RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

The kid behind me in line was only there for DMB. His friend got a copy for $80 in FLA....we go in when it opened and it was $150.

He was pissed but bought it anyway. I tried to remind him $150 now is better than $500 later on ebay

Yea.. I told myself I was going to get it as long as it was under $120. And it was the reason I got there at 5. So I went for it. I went in expecting $75 so $94 was a little bit of a shock but it is what it is I suppose.

Was at Spoonful Records here in Columbus around 6:20 this morning. Got mostly everything I wanted:

Mad Season

Blind Melon

Soundgarden - King Animal Demos

A Place to Bury Strangers - Dead Moon

Picked up a Jimmy Eat World 7" for the gf cause I'm a good bf like that.

Didn't get Deftones live but my Denver cohort snagged one for me, so score there. The only thing I WANTED and walked away without was At the Drive In, and my store had plenty of them but my disappointment at both that and Mad Season being $35 each was enough to make me walk away. Which since they're doing the regular release I can live with, but seriously? I know the regular will probably be as much but at least I can spread out that pain. And $35 for Dazed and Confused? FUCK THAT

Last year I got to my store ten minutes before opening and was like fourth or fifth in line. This year it went completely around the corner. Thank god I am home and got what I wanted. My ears are all stuffy because I am sick so I can't even enjoy this stuff right now. Fuck.

Sounds like my experience. I actually left because I didn't want to deal with it. Went to another store and everything was pretty well picked over already. There were a few cool people at the front of the crowd that were calling out titles and passing them back to people that couldn't get near the bins. A relatively civil crowd. I'm going to hit up a few stores later when the crowds die out and see if there is anything worth while left over.

Sounds like my experience. I actually left because I didn't want to deal with it. Went to another store and everything was pretty well picked over already. There were a few cool people at the front of the crowd that were calling out titles and passing them back to people that couldn't get near the bins. A relatively civil crowd. I'm going to hit up a few stores later when the crowds die out and see if there is anything worth while left over.

I came so close to leaving. They had the 7"s where the line to pay was so it took me like 45 minutes to move five feet. I almost just ended up throwing my cash on their counter + a tip and leaving without being checked out by them.

Store I normally go to opened at 10am.  I had some shit to do so I figured I would drive by around 10:30 to let some of the hipster fucks clear out.  There were still about 50 people in line outside the door at 10:30!  Fuck that noise.  I'll try back later today or hit up ebay for what I want.  I don't want any of the super high demand stuff so I shouldn't get ass gored too badly.

went to vintage vinyl at 7,spent way too much money but got everything except the BJM release.  The Giveaway bags were pretty cool, lots of samplers, a very cool Jack White button, and a Smashmouth shirt, wtf?

Was very happy to get the Ty Rex and Blitzen Trapper because they seem to be pretty hard to find.  Vintage had tons of stuff, lots of Phish, Sigur ros, and a few T/t/T as well.

going back in a couple minutes to see josh Ritter, but I knd of just want to crash it has been a long day.

I picked up the Face to Face 10", Hold Steady 7", and Bob Dylan 7". Wanted the Los Straitjackets 7", but they didn't get it in stock.

I also found it laughable that the Lonely Island 7" they're selling this RSD was marked at $13.99. Not that I would've been interested at even a normal price, but seriously, 14 fucking dollars?

Is the download for the MO/FR/GL split not working for anyone else? I get a page does not exist error.

Same here - not working, neither is the download for Cut Copy's Bright Like Neon Love

i havent heard anything about Foals? did that come out, anyone see it/ wanna pick it up for me please?

Yup - includes nice metallic gold 7"

My second stop today was at the Exchange in Lakewood. I was eighth in line behind some dudes who were very obviously there to buy shit to flip, but weren't familiar with the store's layout. So when the doors opened, they all bolted in one line toward the back and I snaked my way around the other side and managed to grab all sorts of stuff they would've otherwise flipped, probably:

ATDI - $34

Deftones - $13

NFG - $12

Silverstein/ABR split - $8

After that, I drove to the east side of Cleveland to Record Den in Mentor. They had TONS of stuff (I think we were there approximately 90 minutes after they opened). If it was even remotely classic rock-related, they had 5-10 copies of it AT LEAST. Plenty of other stuff, too. I managed to pick up some 7-inches I hadn't seen anywhere else:

Hold Steady - $7.99

JEW - $7.99

South Park - $8.99

My co-worker was there a little bit before me and grabbed me a T/T/T 12-inch and the TA/TF 7-inch, which I'm very grateful for. All in all, I think I got just about everything I wanted, minus the Frank Turner single -- which I'm not convinced even came out. I haven't seen a single person in the U.S. mention getting it.