Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I got mine on the second run as well and so far they have sounded excellent. ConneXtion kept my order until about a month and a half ago, I thought they had canceled it, but I got it a couple weeks ago and have made it through the first four albums without issues. Maybe you can hit them up for replacements or something? When I talked to the guy there he made it sound as if they had a lot of unfulfilled orders for the set due to non-payment so they might have some laying around still. I was blown away that months later they called me to see if I still wanted it and were able to fulfill. Probably the nicest customer service interaction I have had in a long time. Worth a shot getting in contact with them!

Hmmm.  These all sounded great for you and y'all didn't clean them or run them through some fancy $600 VPI machine first?  

Haha if I had such a machine I would. I generally do a clean before I spin anything, but just with a brush and a little cleaning solution is all. Yeah they all sound good. If there are some particular spots you have issues with I can check, but I didn't notice anything upon first listen; no surface noise or any of that jazz. 

Same. Does anyone know if there was every any plans to release them individually ?

I called the Connexition (I think that's how it was spelled) and spoke with someone there and they found me a (the last) copy that didn't sell in the warehouse. I asked about represses, and they said it was pushed back and generally such a pain in the ass that they would not be repressing in the foreseeable future, but that's just what one guy said. Don't know the accuracy 

I missed out on it, wish I could find it for a decent price.

Send a nice private message to everyone on this Have list: http://www.discogs.com/release/stats/5610386#collection

Thats a lot of box sets and I'm certain at least one person might bite on a $200-250 offer.  If you're looking for it at cost (around $140) that might be a much harder search, as these were a hassle to get and I can see how many folks wouldn't part with it for cost.  I'm keeping mine for sure.  I pre-ordered it during the first after-RSD sale, was pushed back to the repress, and received it about 6 weeks after they finally started sending them out.

Send a nice private message to everyone on this Have list: http://www.discogs.com/release/stats/5610386#collection

Thats a lot of box sets and I'm certain at least one person might bite on a $200-250 offer.  If you're looking for it at cost (around $140) that might be a much harder search, as these were a hassle to get and I can see how many folks wouldn't part with it for cost.  I'm keeping mine for sure.  I pre-ordered it during the first after-RSD sale, was pushed back to the repress, and received it about 6 weeks after they finally started sending them out.

I'd part with mine, but it'd have to be a really nice offer. I really like Fashion Nugget. It's almost unhealthy the point to which I enjoy it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I did some comparison between the two issues (RSD/Cake webstore and the later issue that was available only from Cake webstore).

RSD 2014 / Cake webstore version:
- weight of the records varies between 145 to 170 grams

Photo%2029.7.2015%2014.07.00_zpskrbmumlm

Cake webstore version (later edition that was up for pre-order for a limited time):
- weights of the records varies between 135 to 148 grams
- some of the vinyl colors differ; Prolonging The Magic is translucent dark blueish green with “whisps”, Comfort Eagle is translucent marbled blue, Pressure Chief is clear (with a hint of pink) with pink swirls and Live From The Crystal Palace has a lot of more black swirls than the first issue (this might also be just normal variation)

Photo%2029.7.2015%2014.47.01_zpsbq7by5ao

Soundwise the later pressing is better - at least my copies. I had some weird noise issues on the first edition’s Prolonging The Magic, at the end of “Sheep Go To Heaven”, also on some other records (I can’t remember anymore), but no problems on the later pressings.

Crosley, I hear you are selling the set because you want to raise money for a car. How about I give you a five dollar bill and some coupons for Subway? I aint paying these ridiculous prices so take it or leave it.

I wouldn't ask eBay but I'm not going cost. Everything I sell I try to price fair for everyone involved.

Remember that you're selling to raise money for a car, not to be a charity for dudes who want the box but don't feel like paying more than cost for it.  Especially after all the hassle it took to get these (delay after delay for 6-9 months), I feel like anyone asking for this for cost needs to take a long time out and think about what they're asking for.  The eBay flipper prices are so insane that you could sell a sealed set for $100+ less than those Buy It Now auctions and still make a really good chunk of your first junker car's cost.  Post pics of the car when you get it.

He wants to buy a car, not a bicycle.

Oh, that must be the flipper in you.

Edit: yea, I guess I was in the wrong since even though selling it for cost could still contribute to getting a car. I forgot we must sell stuff for double just to make money for other purchases we need.

• 3 years later...

They have finally announced that these albums will get a repress. I'm interested to hear the details.

"Individual CAKE catalog titles on vinyl coming soon… ⠀"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtQmhkDg-WJ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edited by niblips