Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

So on the back of the Cake Live 7" for Record Store Day is the following information:

Coming Soon!

The Cake Vinyl Box Set....Eight CAKE albums manufactured on 175g audiophile quality colored vinyl with fully restored artwork for each title and remastered for optimum vinyl sound. 

There is also a small picture of what the box will look like towards the bottom of the sleeve.

In addition, at the top of the sleeve, where it is describing the songs on the 7" it states:  "Previously unavailable recordings from the LP "Live fro the Crystal Palace" (recorded at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, CA during October 2005)--a bonus album feature within the forthcoming Limited Edition CAKE Vinyl Box Set.

Can't wait for this to come out---sounds killer!

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my copy of Fashion Nugget hoping this might happen one day!  Most excited to get Prolonging the Magic

Always a skeptic... i looked at a few ebay pics.. yep  it's not too good to be true!

And remastered... thank (deity)... Tired of this flat-transfer-from-a-cd-master-with-pretty-packaging baloney then charge 20+ dollars for it.

cake-7_zps1884ac2d.jpg

This is a must have for me.  I was so excited when it was rumored to be part of RSD, but honestly something like this is better of being released outside of an event like that.

I have the remastered reissue of Motorcade from a few years ago and it is one of my favorite records, but it's highly likely that I will sell it once the box set becomes a little more official.

will buy, don't care what it costs

Same here. 

I have the remastered reissue of Motorcade from a few years ago and it is one of my favorite records, but it's highly likely that I will sell it once the box set becomes a little more official.

One of my local stores had this sitting on the shelf forever and I passed it each time saying that I'll pick it up eventually. Then it was gone and I cursed myself.

• 5 months later...

apparently more deets came out today, as posted on modern vinyl:

As part of Black Friday 2013, Cake will be the subject of an 8xLP box-set, including the following work:Motorcade of Generosity (last pressed in 2008); Fashion Nugget (last pressed in 1996); Prolonging The Magic(previously unavailable on vinyl); Comfort Eagle (previously unavailable on vinyl); Pressure Chief (previously unavailable on vinyl); a collection of B-sides and rarities; Showroom of Compassion (last pressed in 2011); andLive From The Crystal Palace (previously unreleased).

Each will be pressed to 175-gram colored vinyl and each will be remastered for the format. The retail price given by Vintage Vinyl (an indie record store) is at $139.99.

if $140 is the actual price, i'll gladly take it. shit, that's less than the going rate for Fashion Nugget alone.

apparently more deets came out today, as posted on modern vinyl:

As part of Black Friday 2013, Cake will be the subject of an 8xLP box-set, including the following work:Motorcade of Generosity (last pressed in 2008); Fashion Nugget (last pressed in 1996); Prolonging The Magic(previously unavailable on vinyl); Comfort Eagle (previously unavailable on vinyl); Pressure Chief (previously unavailable on vinyl); a collection of B-sides and rarities; Showroom of Compassion (last pressed in 2011); andLive From The Crystal Palace (previously unreleased).

Each will be pressed to 175-gram colored vinyl and each will be remastered for the format. The retail price given by Vintage Vinyl (an indie record store) is at $139.99.

if $140 is the actual price, i'll gladly take it. shit, that's less than the going rate for Fashion Nugget alone.

Hell yes. Finally some info and way less than I was planning!