• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Captured Tracks vinyl pressings are utterly shit, unfortunately. They sign excelent artists that released some pretty above average records and it's stupid that they're cheap with pressings when they could add a couple of bucks and do it right. I guess you should buy the CD if you plan to listen it in full glory. BTW, my copy is black but the label is somewhat missplaced while music sounds distorted like if the record wasn't concentric. Most of my CT vinyl is somehow this way.

Where did you hear this? If that's true then this is the miracle we have been waiting for.

It's true CT told me they switched plants too. For the most part prices are extremely decent, packaging has fallen short as far as X5 goodies per special edition maybe to meet in the middle with costs. But the sleeves I got for Heavenly Beat and Widowspeak are primetime stuff. Also a lot of their new represses are probably going to be around 26$ from here on out. 

Anyone have a clean red copy anyways? One with out all the pops in BIG EYED GIRL. How lame...

Mine is subpar at best. It looks like a child glued on the center label. There is some surface noise but nothing that is so distinct that it ruins the song. However, and I've noticed this with other CT releases I have (i.e. Naomi Punk's 'The Feeling', Beach Fossils' 'Clash The Truth', etc), it's pretty warbly like it wasn't pressed right. 

my red copy is actually pretty ok ....big eyed is actually fine all the way through.... the center whole is super tight...and its off center...and it has chunks off the edges....

but actually doesnt play terrible...the occasional pop and crack...but nothing more than a lot of standard records that are pressed at good plants and still have noise....

probably because some dude handling the vinyl at the plant is smoking a cig....(those where the old days, where you;d have cig ash in your press! lol) 

my red copy is actually pretty ok ....big eyed is actually fine all the way through.... the center whole is super tight...and its off center...and it has chunks off the edges....

but actually doesnt play terrible...the occasional pop and crack...but nothing more than a lot of standard records that are pressed at good plants and still have noise....

probably because some dude handling the vinyl at the plant is smoking a cig....(those where the old days, where you;d have cig ash in your press! lol) 

I'm talking 3 loud juicy pops man, where it totally breaks your neck and you have to investigate the needle. There's a hard scratch where it pops too...

At any rate Captured Tracks said they only have some copies left for archival purposes. So they've sent me a black copy. Good on them I say :)