Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

1 hour ago, Mattiktpq said:

I'm waiting on my copy of You Fail Me Redux which is currently sitting in Arizona. Shipped from Maine and instead of them dropping it off in Missouri where I live, they decided to send it 14+ hours past me to fucking Arizona. Fucking USPS.

Shit happens all the time. Ever had anything shipped to you from within your state? Nearly guaranteed to leave your state before getting close to you. 

1 hour ago, Mattiktpq said:

I'm waiting on my copy of You Fail Me Redux which is currently sitting in Arizona. Shipped from Maine and instead of them dropping it off in Missouri where I live, they decided to send it 14+ hours past me to fucking Arizona. Fucking USPS.

Shit happens all the time. Ever had anything shipped to you from within your state? Nearly guaranteed to leave your state before getting close to you. 

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I really shouldn't be surprised to be honest but yeah I hear you on that. I always have records from Victory Records ship from Chicago, make it almost close to St. Louis, then up to Wisconsin, back down towards St. Louis, then finally to me. It just blows my mind that they sent my package on a cross country adventure.

8 minutes ago, Mattiktpq said:

I really shouldn't be surprised to be honest but yeah I hear you on that. I always have records from Victory Records ship from Chicago, make it almost close to St. Louis, then up to Wisconsin, back down towards St. Louis, then finally to me. It just blows my mind that they sent my package on a cross country adventure.

Well if it's Media Mail, it has to travel through distribution centers to get to you. If it were priority or something, I'd be pissed. You get what you paid for with Media Mail. I have a lot of POs sent priority so I don't have to wait an extra 5-8 days after it ships. 

30 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Just had a package sent from Germany via registered mail get all the way to my local branch, only to be sent all the way back to Germany.  USPS lady I talked to on the phone confirmed the address was right...FML.

Ugh now THAT is obnoxious!

Edited by shadowkid33

As I'm sure members who live in Chicago can agree with this statement, seriously FUCK the Chicago Metro Hub. 

I have a package with two records that I have rarely seen for sale coming from Japan. It's been roughly 27 days since they first shipped. About 17 of those days are days where my package went MIA in that black hole at the Metro Hub. 

It's been very frustrating since the lady who I spoke with, who also rarely answers their phone or returns messages, basically said they're gone unless they randomly get scanned somewhere.

Guess we'll see what happens. 

Such a bummer 

9 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

Mine escaped after five days, then somehow found itself in Georgia.

I live in Chicago.

Crazy enough, my package actually showed up today. The mailer was a little beat up with lots of notes written on it about sending it to different stations. 

In your case,  it makes TOTAL sense to send to Georgia. Way to go USPS (slow clap)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completely forgot this thread existed. 

Purchased a record through eBay being imported from Greece back in late April. 

Record shipped on 4/19-4/20 and was scanned into the US on 4/24 in White Plains, NY. The last scan was that same day on 4/24 for an arrival in Jamaica, NY - where it then disappeared. Filed a case on or around 5/17 to locate the package and USPS claimed the package was returned back to its origin, with no explanation as to why. Contacted the seller for a good couple of weeks after that and was told that nothing had been received back. Proceeded to then get back in touch with USPS and was told that they could no longer assist since the last scan was two months prior to my inquiry. This was the last I ever heard from them and to this day I have no idea where the hell that record went or is. 

I've come to the conclusion that Jamaica, NY is in fact, a gateway to hell...and USPS is the devil. 

Where the hell is my record.....<_<

On 8/9/2016 at 8:37 AM, Thomas³ said:

7wDuuyq.png

Not sure if I should be worried yet or not.... It is a new Grado cartridge body.

This randomly showed up today. Good old USPS.

7 minutes ago, najerarick88 said:

Completely forgot this thread existed. 

Purchased a record through eBay being imported from Greece back in late April. 

Record shipped on 4/19-4/20 and was scanned into the US on 4/24 in White Plains, NY. The last scan was that same day on 4/24 for an arrival in Jamaica, NY - where it then disappeared. Filed a case on or around 5/17 to locate the package and USPS claimed the package was returned back to its origin, with no explanation as to why. Contacted the seller for a good couple of weeks after that and was told that nothing had been received back. Proceeded to then get back in touch with USPS and was told that they could no longer assist since the last scan was two months prior to my inquiry. This was the last I ever heard from them and to this day I have no idea where the hell that record went or is. 

I've come to the conclusion that Jamaica, NY is in fact, a gateway to hell...and USPS is the devil. 

Where the hell is my record.....<_<

If it went back to Greece, it's probably stuck there forever. They have a pretty shitty mail system, on par with Italy's. I never order or sent to those countries, because that always happens.

6 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

This randomly showed up today. Good old USPS.

If it went back to Greece, it's probably stuck there forever. They have a pretty shitty mail system, on par with Italy's. I never order or sent to those countries, because that always happens.

That's such a bummer. This was my first (and will definitely be my last) time ordering anything from Greece. Thankfully the cost of the record was only like $30.00 but I still can't wrap my head around how awful/annoying this all turned out to be.

• 5 weeks later...