Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

4 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Is anyone else experiencing major delays with over seas orders? I have one package coming in from Poland and one coming in from China. Both of which were shipped December 2. Both tracking says awaiting shipment from destination. 

I reached out to one buyer that told me the NYC distribution center is extremely backed up and experiencing major delays. Just hoping they both aren't lost. One was a Christmas present for my brother, too. 

I have as well. I had a package shipped from Japan on December 16th and no update since it left Japan. I'm really bummed and anxious since there's a record in the package that I've been looking for for many years and haven't seen one for sale until the one I bought. 

3 minutes ago, videodrome_1138 said:

I have as well. I had a package shipped from Japan on December 16th and no update since it left Japan. I'm really bummed and anxious since there's a record in the package that I've been looking for for many years and haven't seen one for sale until the one I bought. 

After doing some research, it seems like this is the case. I wouldn't worry too heavily about it. They are just backed up from the holidays and there are supposedly some new customs procedures that are in effect for foreign packages. 

4 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Is anyone else experiencing major delays with over seas orders? I have one package coming in from Poland and one coming in from China. Both of which were shipped December 2. Both tracking says awaiting shipment from destination. 

I reached out to one buyer that told me the NYC distribution center is extremely backed up and experiencing major delays. Just hoping they both aren't lost. One was a Christmas present for my brother, too. 

I've had a shipment from Kansas just bouncing back and forth in Washington for about a week. Not international, but I think it's just the holiday season still and shits just backed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone order a package from the UK lately? My order shipped on December 22nd from Juno.co.uk and it still hasn't arrived. Getting worried as it was about 7 or 8 LPs, but maybe it's just a long delay from the holidays. I know I can get a refund/some replacements, but some of the items are out of stock now :(

• 2 months later...

what in the holy fuck? 

The mailer looks like it was just 2 pieces of cardboard taped together, so that could be a problem first off.  But good god...  I hope you gave them hell for that!  I tried to read that letter....    it's their way of saying "Hey, we totally fucked up.  Hope you're cool with it!"

The USPS is the only business in the world that can get away with royally destroying something of somebody's and face zero repercussions.  It's so weird. 

• 3 months later...

just had a different one.

i sold a record on discogs like 4 months ago.  i got a random mailer today that had a USPS return address and opened it up.  inside was a the mailer I sent months ago flipped inside out.  the record included was a) not the record i sent  and b ) not a record I have ever owned.  the guy i sold it to never said he did not get it and you figure he would have, especially after way less than 4 months...

not sure how that happened...

Just now, Twistedshabazz said:

i sold a record on discogs like 4 months ago.  i got a random mailer today that had a USPS return address and opened it up.  inside was a the mailer I sent months ago flipped inside out.  the record included was a) not the record i sent  and b ) not a record I have ever owned.  the guy i sold it to never said he did not get it and you figure he would have, especially after way less than 4 months...

That happened to me once.

Guy I mailed a record to reused mailer . My daddy was in back. The place he mailed it never claimed it so they sent it back to me instead of him

On 6/27/2017 at 11:27 AM, simple_torture said:

Motherfucker, I was staring out my front window while on the phone at 10:47AM, you did not try to deliver this item.

7EToDR4.png

This actually happened twice in one week, with two different packages. They both had "fragile" stickers on them so there's a chance the carrier didn't want to leave them in an unsecured location. However, it's also been around 90 degrees here for a week, and he'd have to walk up my driveway, soooooo...

• 1 month later...

I dropped off a package yesterday morning and it's apparently still sitting at the location I dropped it off at. On the tracking it says usps has possession of your item. Thankfully I bought insurance on that but if it doesn't update by tomorrow afternoon I'm going there to complain. I shouldn't be worried but it's annoying when they don't scan it

have a package shipping from Portland to Adelaide, Australia via USPS, ordered back in June the tracking goes a little something lime this -

Portland > LA > LA International > Boston > LA > New York > LA > Dubai > Sydney > Melbourne > Australia (so just in the country now not even a city) I still don't have it...

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

The dude you sold it to reused the package to send out another order.  he screwed up and accidentally mailed it to you. I hope you contacted him and returned the item. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...