Star War Episode 1 LP

Guest Fredneck

check out this rad interview with mr. shark.

http://www.lawrence.com/weblogs/loud-and-local/2013/jan/30/lawrence-based-label-i-am-shark-reissues/

he's just super stoked at getting his logo on something star wars.

Like I want to do 'Jaws' on Shark Week. Shark Week and it’s sold on that week only.

I honestly don't see much wrong about the whole "fuck off" comment. There are tons of whiny people that complain about the most minuscule shit.

I agree about the original comment not being so bad, although extremely unprofessional, but everyone seems to have forgotten how when he started this thread he made MULTIPLE comments on here to the same effect of telling his customers to fuck off. It was only after everyone (kindly) was telling him, while also making fun of him, that it would be in his best interest to take the original comment down and to be less hostile on the board. Then he kind of disappeared.

I agree about the original comment not being so bad, although extremely unprofessional, but everyone seems to have forgotten how when he started this thread he made MULTIPLE comments on here to the same effect of telling his customers to fuck off. It was only after everyone (kindly) was telling him, while also making fun of him, that it would be in his best interest to take the original comment down and to be less hostile on the board. Then he kind of disappeared.

I didn't know the whole situation. I actually have never seen a Star Wars movie so chances are that I missed the last thread about it. 

But yeah, I didn't see the "fuck off" comment as that bad when it comes to the screen shot that was posted. 

This is the best review of The Phantom Menace I've seen:

"Have you guys ever heard of this movie called The Phantom Menace? It's so crazy. The movie's all about these two eunuch knights who have to protect a stuffy and mean Geisha girl from an army of lego robots. On the way they find this kid who can barely put a sentence together, but has impressive control over machinery. He falls in love with the Geisha girl and decides to become a eunuch knight, though the whole eunuch thing gives him pause. Meanwhile, they also become friends with a Rastafarian frog. It's insane!"

Anyway, this release (well, allegedly) is still amazingly odd to me. The fact that it's being put out (well, allegedly) on a relatively unknown label, the fact that it is not big news elsewhere (I don't think), and the fact that in light of the above, the pressing numbers are HUGE. I mean it's not like this is some cult film that only a handful of nerds would want a soundtrack for. I'll be half-shocked when this ends up coming out.

Surprised he even managed to license this, didnt think lucas or Sony would be easy to work with. Especially a small fish like this.

What do you guys think it cost him to license this? What kind of price would one expect to pay when licensing from a major? Once the license is purchased there's no more he would need to pay besides actually having the thing cut and pressed? Very curious