Shit's done. Sorry if this gets bumped.

idreamofpunk

(Purple sold at $35ppd.)

(white with black streaks/swirl sold at 30ppd.)

Had all three copies of the Masked Intruder/Dan Vapid and the Cheats split. Decided I didn't need two of them. Gave 75% of the profit (anything after cost plus shipping) to Randy for his wedding.

I'm not selling the clear. That's mine. It's got some nifty white smokey shit going on in it, and I like that. Cool? Cool.

Shit's Done!
Thanks!

He didn't even ask for it. I asked him if he would be cool with me selling off two of them because in the time since ordering this, I realize I only need one. I offered to give him half of the profit I make off of it and he said I didn't even have to do that since they're mine. but as I said, weddings are expensive. I feel like helping him out a little bit. It probably won't be much, but hey, it's a nice gesture?

Look, I could've done one of three things: Just throw them up on ebay, not give Randy anything, and have everyone shit-talk me (which I'm sure everyone does anyway); hoard two copies of a record when I only need a copy of the other one; or this.

But go on and be mad at me for doing something that LazyLaborador sure as shit wouldn't do.

He didn't even ask for it. I asked him if he would be cool with me selling off two of them because in the time since ordering this, I realize I only need one. I offered to give him half of the profit I make off of it and he said I didn't even have to do that since they're mine. but as I said, weddings are expensive. I feel like helping him out a little bit. It probably won't be much, but hey, it's a nice gesture?

Look, I could've done one of three things: Just throw them up on ebay, not give Randy anything, and have everyone shit-talk me (which I'm sure everyone does anyway); hoard two copies of a record when I only need a copy of the other one; or this.

But go on and be mad at me for doing something that LazyLaborador sure as shit wouldn't do.

Interested to know what happened between the order and now that made the additional copies unnecessary... 

Other things you could do as well: 

-Give anything over the cost to Randy to pay for his wedding.  

-Sell at cost to fans who weren't able to buy because you were hoarding them.

I'm not opposed to flipping, but let's all call this like it is:

1. Hot new release that sold out quickly? Check.

2. Lots of people missed out on it? Check.

3. It's up for sale before most people even get their copies in the mail? Check.

4. It will sell for a massively inflated amount - well above retail + shipping/fees? Check.

You could be splitting the profit with me and I would still call it flipping.

Flippity flip flip flip!

I hope you make some good dough, though. Weddings are expensive.

Interested to know what happened between the order and now that made the additional copies unnecessary... 

I realized I'm never going to have a complete Masked Intruder collection, so why bother starting here? I came to the conclusion that I will be just as happy with one copy as I would with all three.

I'm not opposed to flipping, but let's all call this like it is:

1. Hot new release that sold out quickly? Check.

2. Lots of people missed out on it? Check.

3. It's up for sale before most people even get their copies in the mail? Check.

4. It will sell for a massively inflated amount - well above retail + shipping/fees? Check.

You could be splitting the profit with me and I would still call it flipping.

Flippity flip flip flip!

I hope you make some good dough, though. Weddings are expensive.

I personally don't care what anyone calls it. Sure it's flipping. I don't care. People do it, and I dont' feel like people should be bound by some archaic code when they've bought things with their own money.

Fact is, though, I'm trying to do good by someone besides myself, and I don't like the attacks from people who already got the damn record anyway. Not mad at you, 'cause I don't know if you got a copy or not. But I spent all weekend and then some getting shit for people on this board, and when I got more than was needed because I wanted to make sure I got enough, going on Discogs with stuff to see if people who actively had the items in question listed as wants wanted to grab them for cost plus shipping plus anything else they might want to contribute for gas since I had to drive a hell of a lot to get this shit. At what point am I allowed to do what I wish with things that I buy for myself, fully intending to hold onto them at first?

Well at least he got Randy's blessing before getting "blacklisted"

I made it a point to ask him if it was okay that I did this. He said I didn't even have to give him anything, 'cause they're my records. He's actually right. i don't. Just like I didn't have to grab BTBAM records for people. Just like I didn't have to grab Straylight Run records for people. Just like I didn't have to grab ANYTHING for people over the weekend. I try to be a good person and help people out, though. But then I try to do do something positive with a portion of the money I would get after the cost of something that i spent my own money on, and people want to give me shit for it. Cool.

Okay, I edited the original post. I'm accepting offers on this until 9pm EST Sunday night.

Also, the purple copy is the one being put up here. I prefer the clear over it, and I'm waiting to get the white one in the mail to see which of the two is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

This comes from a change in the way I collect vinyl these days. I don't feel the need to own every color released for every release for every artist I buy a piece of vinyl from. I was going to see about building a MI collection, but realize I don't have the patience or enough want for it in the first place. Just like I'm not rushing out to buy multiples of every mondo OST, 'cause I dont' care if I get a cool color or black. I don't need both. I even started culling collections of bands that I had been collecting variants for (New Found Glory comes to mind). Also less emphasis on variant collecting means I can buy more music in general. Isn't that what most people want to se on the board? I mean, shit, Kriss is probably awestruck that this is coming out of my internet connection.

But anyway, yeah. that's it.

Thank you, come again.

idreamofpunk helped me out bigtime with an RSD release I couldn't track down anywhere without gouging me. She's good people.

And seriously, if someone wants to make this—a sale where she's giving half the money back to Randy—their hill to die on, that's fucking dumb and their time could be "better" spent bitching at someone else.

I personally don't care what anyone calls it. Sure it's flipping. I don't care. People do it, and I dont' feel like people should be bound by some archaic code when they've bought things with their own money.

Fact is, though, I'm trying to do good by someone besides myself, and I don't like the attacks from people who already got the damn record anyway. Not mad at you, 'cause I don't know if you got a copy or not. But I spent all weekend and then some getting shit for people on this board, and when I got more than was needed because I wanted to make sure I got enough, going on Discogs with stuff to see if people who actively had the items in question listed as wants wanted to grab them for cost plus shipping plus anything else they might want to contribute for gas since I had to drive a hell of a lot to get this shit. At what point am I allowed to do what I wish with things that I buy for myself, fully intending to hold onto them at first?

At ease, soldier! I don't care about flipping. You own the records - you have every right to do whatever you want with them. I'm just suggesting that everyone be honest and call it what it is. No need to get defensive - I wished you many riches!

At ease, soldier! I don't care about flipping. You own the records - you have every right to do whatever you want with them. I'm just suggesting that everyone be honest and call it what it is. No need to get defensive - I wished you many riches!

I know. Sorry. I just wanted to turn it into something that can be a positive and have a benefit for someone other than myself and other got me riled up. The stream of consciousness kind of didn't stop as I was typing. =/

I made it a point to ask him if it was okay that I did this. He said I didn't even have to give him anything, 'cause they're my records. He's actually right. i don't. Just like I didn't have to grab BTBAM records for people. Just like I didn't have to grab Straylight Run records for people. Just like I didn't have to grab ANYTHING for people over the weekend. I try to be a good person and help people out, though. But then I try to do do something positive with a portion of the money I would get after the cost of something that i spent my own money on, and people want to give me shit for it. Cool.

I don't think you need to explain yourself to anyone. Records made in limited quantities are going to be flipped. You bought it, so you can do what you want with it. I just think its funny that Randy is talking about blacklisting people selling these on ebay, but because you emailed him and asked nicely it's ok. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Just throwing in my 2 cents. Records in short runs are going to be flipped and there's not really anything anyone can do about it.