Feedbands: Anyone heard of it?

I was looking at vinyl in a local Craig's List type site and saw an ad on the side for this site

http://feedbands.com/

You basically pay a monthy subscription and receive a record of an "up and coming" band. This seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Would anyone actually do this?

Everything about this is stupid. They sure have followed the Bad Idea Internet Business model to a T, though.

Step 1: design a super slick website.

Step 2: set up Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Google+, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Vine, LinkedIn, Myspace, Fetlife, etc.

Step 3: make an app, duh

Step 4: write some copy that makes it sound like whatever industry you're entering is broken and no one has figured out a better way to do things. Pretend like you're "saving music" or whatever.

Step 5: make a promo video. Make it "funny", and maybe you'll get on the front page of reddit.

Step 6: take people's money

Step 7: do a little math, see if this thing can work

The fact that it repeatedly says "you'll receive something that rocks!" leads me to believe they have discovered the next Buckcherry.

AKA, they'll never get my money.

That's exactly what I kept thinking.  OK, we get it, you like to use the word 'rock' to describe music.

Also, does that price seem a tad high?  Not sure I'd pay 19.99 + S & H for one record a month, even if it was bands I knew for sure I'd like.

This looks like the biggest pile of garbage. I wouldn't trust anyone to go pick out a random record for me for $20 which is essentially what your paying these people to do. No pressing numbers, no idea of what genres might be represented only an assurance that they take curation very seriously and that this shit will rock! "Any shade from the color spectrum of musical genres" I'm not sure if this sentence is just awkwardly worded or straight makes no sense.

What is the point of sending me a mystery record and if I don't like it ( and I probably won't because I'm a picky bastard) then you let me return it? Why not just let me decide if I want it before you waste the time and money sending it? I guess that's okay because I've made up my mind before you pressed it.

Unknown Relatives sound fucking horrible.

Seriously. I'm sure they didn't put TONS of time into an actual business plan, but who are they trying to market this to? Even with media mail, we're talking $24 for an LP for a band I've never heard of. Every month.

I feel like we're (VC and the like) the only people who would potentially be intrigued by the business idea, but also the first people smart enough to never do it.