Feedbands: Anyone heard of it?

My email to them

If I purchase the subscription today when will I receive my first record?

Their response

Hello Paul and thanks for contacting feedbands.

If you sign up for the subscription you will receive a record in the mail as soon as the order has been processed.
Typically it would take a few days depending on where you are its shipped first class so I would say about 5 days give or take.
I highly recommend signing up and giving it a try!

Feedbands - pressing vinyl like its our job

Comments

So their first release is pressed and ready to go. I don't know how many are already done. My guess is just the first one. This seems like a complete nightmare to keep up. Have they even raised enough money to begin work on the second release?

What was the highest number seen by someone on here for subscriptions remaining?

I saw 500 something, maybe 583? I don't believe that counter on their site. This thing is going to be such an epic flameout. Did anyone else watch that awful, awful promo video they made?

I love when people who know absolutely NOTHING about how the music industry actually works do dumbass shit like this to "Take the power back and give it to the artists" or whatever. Absolute morons.

• 1 month later...

I also see these fucking ads on every website I visit now. This is such a pointless and completely unsustainable business model, especially considering the lengths to which they're advertising it and the limited nature of this product. It'll be gone in 3-6 months.

Yeah man, the retargeting is pretty crazy, seems like they are running a fairly sizable campaign. I don't have any problem with the business model, I'd be up for something like this is it could match my tastes and seemed credible. But HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIT does everything about that company seem off. Shitty stock photos, really bad copy, creepy customer acquisition techniques, hyperbolic band descriptions and touting everything as colored low-run vinyl.

I have to think bands would be downright embarrassed to be associated with them, and that can't help them either. This is what skateboarders must feel like when Slim Jim® puts ads in their magazines. 

Yeah man, the retargeting is pretty crazy, seems like they are running a fairly sizable campaign. I don't have any problem with the business model, I'd be up for something like this is it could match my tastes and seemed credible. But HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIT does everything about that company seem off. Shitty stock photos, really bad copy, creepy customer acquisition techniques, hyperbolic band descriptions and touting everything as colored low-run vinyl.

I have to think bands would be downright embarrassed to be associated with them, and that can't help them either. This is what skateboarders must feel like when Slim Jim® puts ads in their magazines. 

It's gotta be high schoolers.

You mean high schoolers running that site? I was thinking the opposite.

Some late 20's marketing burnout who has managed to secure some funding given the ease of access to venture capital with the right buzzwords and a nice presentation. "Our goal is to harness the current excitement around digital musical discovery tools and transition it to the offline world. We plan to leverage the current vinyl resurgence by combing a disruptive new business model with crowd-sourcing features to find and deliver that best talent directly to our customers door. In short, we're the Spotify for a post-retail vinyl world".

Honestly, say what you will about clueless high schoolers but they're usually genuinely passionate. Feedbands reeks of the inauthenticity you get by putting corporate dollars in a channel they don't understand. To be fair, they could just be really bad with the marketing end. I've no proof they aren't actually trying to make a cool service. 

So, long time lurker, first time posting...

I'm a subscriber of feedbands, if anyone has any questions, or wants to call me a moron for falling for the marketing gimmicks.

I have two albums from them. I got the Unknown Relatives last month and just received my second album today.

What's the second album you received.

How long did it take between releases?

Did you like the second album?

Was is a similar in genre to the first release?

When does the month end and when does it start?

You get a free month, so is that a free record or can more than one record come out in a month?

Do you get back releases in you sign up now?

Tells us everything... from the moment you signed up to the first time money was taken from your account to how much shipping was how well was is packaged how long did it take to get to you....

c'mon man spill the beans man...spillem