Feedbands: Anyone heard of it?

So, long time lurker, first time posting...

I'm a subscriber of feedbands, if anyone has any questions, or wants to call me a moron for falling for the marketing gimmicks.

I have two albums from them. I got the Unknown Relatives last month and just received my second album today.

Who says this as if this is a call-in talk radio show?

I'm a subscriber of feedbands, if anyone has any questions, or wants to call me a moron for falling for the marketing gimmicks.

I have two albums from them. I got the Unknown Relatives last month and just received my second album today.

I'm on to you Mr. Been-A-Member-For-Two-Days guy from feedbands.com. Jefferson Howells post above offers some hard but practical criticisms of feedbands. They would be smart to fix their whole marketing approach.

Question were asked. Get to answering them.

What's the second album you received.

How long did it take between releases?

Did you like the second album?

Was is a similar in genre to the first release?

When does the month end and when does it start?

You get a free month, so is that a free record or can more than one record come out in a month?

Do you get back releases in you sign up now?

Tells us everything... from the moment you signed up to the first time money was taken from your account to how much shipping was how well was is packaged how long did it take to get to you....

c'mon man spill the beans man...spillem

2nd album received was The Vliets.  I think it's self-titled. 10 tracks.

It was about a month between releases.  My credit card was charged twice, exactly one month apart.  I got shipping notifications usually a few days after my card was charged.

I like The Vliets more than last month's album.  I honestly really like them both, though.  Last month was a little more surf-rock, where as this month the album is more psychedelic, I guess.  Both are definitely in the rock genre.

I'm not sure when the month starts/ends.  On the 1st of June they put up the samples and description for the June band.  So I'm guessing it starts on the first of every month.  I think it all depends on what day you sign up on.

My first month was free, so all I paid for was shipping.  Only one record comes out a month, I believe.

I believe the service started in May.  I know they sold out of the May record and you can't get that record if you sign up now.  I have both May and June records so I don't have a reason to ask for previous releases.

So I signed up on May 10th and they immediately charged my card for $4.95 shipping.  A few days later I got an email that told me my record has been shipped.  Then I got the record in the mail.  The packaging was fine, though it looked like USPS didn't treat it very well.  Opened up the package, and it had a piece of paper with a write up about the band (Unknown Relatives).  When I opened the actual record, it was a translucent orange.  The jacket also contained a download card for the album that's plantable.  So I used it and then planted it.  The sound quality of the actual album is really good.  I don't know, I really enjoyed it.

Then on June 10th my credit card was charged again, this time for $24.90.  I received another shipment notification the next day.  A few days later, I got the June album, The Vliets.  Everything was exactly the same as the Unknown Relatives, except it was a different album.  This one was light purple with flecks of blue and red in it.  Oh, and they included some extra stuff in the package, like some guitar picks and stickers and stuff.

All in all, I'm satisfied.  I have the spendable cash to do something like this and I'm the kind of person that enjoys not knowing what an album sounds like until the needle hits it.  I agree that their marketing is a little obtrusive and sketchy.  But so far, they've delivered on everything they claim.

I'm on to you Mr. Been-A-Member-For-Two-Days guy from feedbands.com. Jefferson Howells post above offers some hard but practical criticisms of feedbands. They would be smart to fix their whole marketing approach.

I agree.  Their marketing approach is super sub-par.  Something about it interested me though, so I figured I would give it a shot.  I mean, it could be worse.  I could have gotten scammed completely.  But they have actually delivered so far.

I'm gonna say, I don't hate the two releases they've put out.. And I don't care about limited this, first that I think it would be fun to have something come to your house every month that you have NO idea what it's going to be or if you're going to like it or not.

I like the excitement.
I might do it...

I hope some shitty pop punk or Thricey type band puts out a release through this feedbands thing. All the pissing, moaning and complaining about missing out on their feedbands copy would provide some great future lulz. 

Not gonna lie, this made me laugh. I can see you guys begging for months with "WTB: Feedbands variant." And the occasional "Make me an offer" thread that turns into an $800 eBay auction.

I'm honestly amazed SRC hasn't already tried this gimmick.

• 1 month later...

Because you canceled after the first. Whether that was your plan all along or not. You should have at least paid for one or sent it back. Almost as bad as the Best Buy scheme.

One of the giant print bullet points on their site is "Don't like it? Don't pay for it", so they're sort of bringing it on themselves.