ETR GARAGE SALE HAS BEGUN (OOP variants, Test Presses & Damaged/return items - All starting at $1)

enjoytheride

ETR is moving into a shiny new office real soon and, while we were cleaning and packing up our wares, we found some really cool stuff hiding in the deep corners of our basement, including test presses and out of print releases. Since we already have so much stuff that needs to come with us to our new digs, we couldn't bear the thought of having to pack up and carry yet another box, so our laziness is your gain! We're going to be selling off the random goodies we dug up on eBay. All auctions are starting at $1, with funds raised going towards our moving expenses. If you were late to the ETR party, then now's your chance to grab some OOP releases and maybe even score a rare test press*! 

We want to thank everyone for all the support over the past couple years. We have some big exciting announcements coming soon and we can't wait to tell you all about them, so stay tuned!

*test press = bragging rights.

http://myworld.ebay....theriderecords/ then "items for sale" on the side[/size]

I will be posting the rest of the stuff including test presses on monday or before[/size]

Bid on a couple things, but I don't expect to win any of them.  Best of luck with the move!

thanks, still got another few weeks but starting to pack stuff up.

For those interested, one of the dustin kensrue & fall of troy- doppelgänger test pressing will be available among many other things. I get asked about those two specifically quite often and they have otherwise been long gone so figured id point that out off the bat

I am also going to be putting up a few things from my own collection including a "coin flip" variant from the HRVRD- from the bird's cage 1st pressing. 

Sweet ETR found some stuff and put it up on eBay so we can all have an outrageuos eBay bidding war and end up with high prices for out of print stuff...wait wasn't that what I would have already had to have done to get these pressings...

I wish this stuff was just put in the store at a set cost first come first serve kind of things (like a real garage sale...and not an auction). Instead of trying to get top dollar by auction. I love ETR and the releases Ross has put out but I'm not a fan of when labels do this. For charity I totally understand, but just to rack up a lot of money rubs me the wrong way. It's like I'm trying to be sold on a deal and ultimately I'm just having to pay the same OOP price I would have already had to pay. At least Ross would get the cash to hopefully improve his business. I'd be more likely to support this though because it is helping the label. I will say an auction is not a garage sale so the title of the thread is kind of misleading. First world complaints...I guess :). Try not to be to harsh on me for my criticism. I do like Enjoy The Ride a lot and have bought quite a few releases.

That's just my 2 cents and take it for what it's worth (2 cents...or less haha). Congrats on getting the new offices man. I'm excited and hope you have some awesome stuff coming up! It's great to see labels like yours being successful!

Sweet ETR found some stuff and put it up on eBay so we can all have an outrageuos eBay bidding war and end up with high prices for out of print stuff...wait wasn't that what I would have already had to have done to get these pressings...

I wish this stuff was just put in the store at a set cost first come first serve kind of things (like a real garage sale...and not an auction). Instead of trying to get top dollar by auction. I love ETR and the releases Ross has put out but I'm not a fan of when labels do this. For charity I totally understand, but just to rack up a lot of money rubs me the wrong way. It's like I'm trying to be sold on a deal and ultimately I'm just having to pay the same OOP price I would have already had to pay. At least Ross would get the cash to hopefully improve his business. I'd be more likely to support this though because it is helping the label. I will say an auction is not a garage sale so the title of the thread is kind of misleading. First world complaints...I guess :). Try not to be to harsh on me for my criticism. I do like Enjoy The Ride a lot and have bought quite a few releases.

That's just my 2 cents and take it for what it's worth (2 cents...or less haha). Congrats on getting the new offices man. I'm excited and hope you have some awesome stuff coming up! It's great to see labels like yours being successful!

100% agree

If the point of test presses is to make sure the pressing is good, why would one be unplayed?

Because it's not the only one? With 25 of those floating around I'm sure atleast one got lost in translation.

@soundboard

I actually used to think the same way, but then I realized were not in communist Russia. Ross was ultimately the one who made these releases happen, doesn't it make sense for him OF ALL PEOPLE to sell for whatever the market rules?

And before anyone comes at me with that no idea "price" argument, again we don't live in communist russia. An "across the board" price for all records is assinine from a business perspective.