So, Seth Meyers is heading to Late Night. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/seth-meyers-to-succeed-fallon-on-late-night.html

and Bill Hader is leaving. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/arts/television/bill-hader-to-leave-saturday-night-live.html?hp&_r=0

I don't so much care about Seth meyers leaving, but the show is taking a huge hit by Bill Hader leaving. Hopefully Sudeikis and Armisen stick around. Who should take over for weekend update?

Taran Killam maybe? I could see them going back to a double trouble tandem, but I plan on seeing at least 2 to 3 different people up there before something/someone sticks. The transition period is rough and historically always has been. It's a different style of comedy then most of them are use to doing. They have some great young talent on that show right now though, I'm not worried about a drop in quality :)

Bring back Norm Macdonald for weekend update (unpopular opinion).

I would raise you a Mr. Subliminal if I could access YouTube. Everyone has their favorites but I like Kevin Nealon because he is the only one I could remember who never broke the anchor character while delivering a joke. His delivery was impeccable.

Norm is a guy who would read a paper and would make you laugh when he put the paper down and says "Can you believe this shit?" He is a great interviewer though.

I really like Keenan Thompson, and I really like Jay Pharoah, he does great impersonations. I love Fred Armesin too! I could have sworn he left to do Portlandia and such but I am glad to see him still on SNL. There are A LOT of dud skits though and I refused to watch(forgot also) last Saturday because of Kristin Wiig. But I was told the show opened with the skit "The Californians" Booo terrible!

I would raise you a Mr. Subliminal if I could access YouTube. Everyone has their favorites but I like Kevin Nealon because he is the only one I could remember who never broke the anchor character while delivering a joke. His delivery was impeccable.

Norm is a guy who would read a paper and would make you laugh when he put the paper down and says "Can you believe this shit?" He is a great interviewer though.

I see your Mr. Subliminal and raise you a Mr. No Depth Perception. That shit was side-splitting.

I like the Californians for about half the the time. Then the joke gets old. I think shows succeed (as they always have) based off the strength of the host. When the host sucks, the show sucks. There are and have always been great and sucky cast members and characters. But if they build episodes around the right people then it will work.

And as far as a new Weekend Update host, I think Nasim Pedrad would do great. I think the key to that is the ability to have a serious looking face, which the majority of cast members cannot do.

ya bummer about bill hader, he grew on me.

like ian, i'm from socal and while i think a lot of the skits are duds, the californians crack me the fuck up.  i like the overexaggerated valley accent and the mishmash of LA area roads (referencing real streets and highways but mixing them all up into a route that couldn't possibly exist).

i like some of the cast, but agree about horse teeth.  there's also that one chick with the crazy eyes.  she might be funny, but i can't get past the crazy eyes.