2 hours ago, kjkenney said:

It's been hit or miss for me lately but they have some strong players right now; Kyle Mooney, Mikey Day, Beck Bennett, Bobby Moynihan (longtime player, but I will forever love him and his association with CBB), and I've been enjoying Melissa Villasenor as well. I miss Taran Killam :/ Baldwin did great, glad they limited the Trump stuff. Also am I the only one that thinks Pete Davidson lucked the hell out being on there considering his general lack of much talent? Shit if they want a stoned guy for the cast I can move to NY

I love Kate McKinnon. She's great at saving shitty sketches. The problem is that she is put in just about everything and the other female cast members don't really have a ton to do. I feel like Vanessa Bayer and Cecily Strong have been wasted in the past couple of seasons being sidelined by Kate. Vanessa in particular has been underrated. Everything she does on Weekend Update (Disney channel child star, Jen Aniston from friends, young Jewish boy) is so great. I wish they would give her a shot at bringing those types of characters into some of their sketches. It could be something similar to Kristen Wiig's memorable character sketches.

Also, in my opinion, there have been so many misses lately due to the lack of chemistry with the castmates (and the writing). In the past, there have always been "cliques" that worked well together and you could see just how much they loved performing together. Made for a better show. Like most recently Kristen, Fred, Bill, Andy, and Will Forte. And then before them Tina, Amy, Maya, Rachel, and Will Ferrell. And then Adam Sandler and crew before them and so on. The closest thing I see to that now is the Kyle/Leslie secret lover thing they keep sprinkling into the show randomly. (I don't know why, but those two crack me up together.) It's like the current cast still hasn't figured out how to work together and make comedy together.