Cassette collectors: would you buy this?

Yeah, definitely. Where are you getting them made where you can sell them so cheaply, though? Some of the quotes I have gotten are absolutely nuts for a cassette release. I've come very close to picking up a master unit and 5 or so slave units for a duplicator on eBay over the past week, seems like the only economical way to do it at the moment.

Yeah, definitely. Where are you getting them made where you can sell them so cheaply, though? Some of the quotes I have gotten are absolutely nuts for a cassette release. I've come very close to picking up a master unit and 5 or so slave units for a duplicator on eBay over the past week, seems like the only economical way to do it at the moment.

getting quotes back so far and the lowest (for 100 cassettes) seems  to be about 2.75 per unit, cost. thats with J cards, cases, blah blah blah. im also able to save on shipping if i do it locally. so yea. ive been looking to do this for a while and now that someone said they'd back it and sell some ive been going insane, getting quotes from anywhere. plus if you order everything separately, you actually save TONS of money. sure, you have to assemble a ton of cassettes but the savings is totally worth it. 

getting quotes back so far and the lowest (for 100 cassettes) seems  to be about 2.75 per unit, cost. thats with J cards, cases, blah blah blah. im also able to save on shipping if i do it locally. so yea. ive been looking to do this for a while and now that someone said they'd back it and sell some ive been going insane, getting quotes from anywhere. plus if you order everything separately, you actually save TONS of money. sure, you have to assemble a ton of cassettes but the savings is totally worth it. 

That's what I've been looking into now, too. I got quotes from Rainbo (local) on getting just the cassettes, and I'm waiting on a quote for J-cards/jewel cases and O-cards currently. Hoping to save at least $100. I have 2 cassette releases coming up on Mahogany, as well as a few friends who are wanting me to produce their stuff so I've been going quote-crazy lately too, haha.

That's what I've been looking into now, too. I got quotes from Rainbo (local) on getting just the cassettes, and I'm waiting on a quote for J-cards/jewel cases and O-cards currently. Hoping to save at least $100. I have 2 cassette releases coming up on Mahogany, as well as a few friends who are wanting me to produce their stuff so I've been going quote-crazy lately too, haha.

pshhhh rainbo.....their prices are absurd. i think for just tapes and clear cases they wanted like $290 and another local place wanted 100 for cases tapes and imprinting. plus $50 in setup fees. found a kick ass place that makes full color J cards for an amazing price.  

NAC rules. They did the Hampshire cassettes and they turned out awesome (also shameless plug): http://tripledekerecords.storenvy.com/products/1147316-hampshire-two-trains-cassette

If you release that EP on cassette I would totally pick up a copy :)

Guys; National Audio Company. My label has done nearly ten cassette releases through them thus far and it's been pretty smooth sailing. $190 shipped for a run of 100 with shell imprinting, full color front and back jcards, etc.

im using NAC. awesome people. very helpful.

they're not the ones charging you $2.75 per unit though, right? Samantha is super helpful and great to work with - been trying to think of a good way to use the cassingles now that they're offering those.

no they aren't. im trying to make this release pretty sexy, so its going to cost me a bit more for a few things, but overall im stoked to be working with them.