PO: EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY: Prince Avalanche Score

Did anyone else receive their preorders yet? I haven't received mine, and Im not getting any responses back from TRL

I emailed them on Monday and got a response back from Anna right away. She sent me a tracking, and it's still in Memphis (I'm in California), so it's still a few days out. Supposedly it's getting here at the end of the week though. 

I broke that 1000 with the very first order and I have received it!!

My advice, EMAIL THEM!!! Both Anna and Jeremy will definitely be there to help out.

Great folks, Great operation!!

Yep, bug them because your record is a few days "late". That'll help.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to bump this because I saw the movie in a theater yesterday and it was just fantastic. I felt a very real and deep connection to it and I feel like a lot of people can feel the same as I do because it's so well done. I love how minimal it is. The soundtrack takes a front seat in the movie along with the gorgeous cinematography and the superb acting of Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch. I highly recommend seeing it in theaters if you can or at the very least renting it on demand or on itunes. I didn't even know that it was available on demand and on itunes starting on the release date, so that's awesome that they made it so accessible even though it's in limited theaters. I'm glad I saw it in a theater though because the sound is larger and the cinematography is just that good. I loved this soundtrack prior to seeing the movie and I love it infinitely more now after seeing the movie. If you're on the fence about buying this or seeing the movie...do it. Do both. You're welcome.

I just had to bump this because I saw the movie in a theater yesterday and it was just fantastic. I felt a very real and deep connection to it and I feel like a lot of people can feel the same as I do because it's so well done. I love how minimal it is. The soundtrack takes a front seat in the movie along with the gorgeous cinematography and the superb acting of Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch. I highly recommend seeing it in theaters if you can or at the very least renting it on demand or on itunes. I didn't even know that it was available on demand and on itunes starting on the release date, so that's awesome that they made it so accessible even though it's in limited theaters. I'm glad I saw it in a theater though because the sound is larger and the cinematography is just that good. I loved this soundtrack prior to seeing the movie and I love it infinitely more now after seeing the movie. If you're on the fence about buying this or seeing the movie...do it. Do both. You're welcome.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the streaming, I was bummed because it wasn't showing anywhere near where I live but now I can see it for cheaper than a movie ticket.

• 4 months later...

(i hope this getting bumped doesn't falsely excite anyone.)

i saw this movie a few months ago... and i LOVED It. and a lot of that reason was the score, which was phenomenal in the context of the film. i had kind of written off EITS for what i realize is no real reason, but after seeing the movie and purchasing the score, i want to keep exploring them. their discography is pretty extensive at this point, though, because i'm pretty late to the EITS party, so i don't know the best place to start. any recommendations on best albums, songs, etc.? thanks!

Most people are going to say The Earth Is Not Cold Dead Place is their best and to start there. The first two records are better though imo. Chronologically is always the way I go when listening to new bands.

Start with The Earth is not a cold dead place, and let nature take its course after that.

i saw this movie a few months ago... and i LOVED It. and a lot of that reason was the score, which was phenomenal in the context of the film. i had kind of written off EITS for what i realize is no real reason, but after seeing the movie and purchasing the score, i want to keep exploring them. their discography is pretty extensive at this point, though, because i'm pretty late to the EITS party, so i don't know the best place to start. any recommendations on best albums, songs, etc.? thanks!

The score is a little different from what EiTS normally does, but I would still say dig into their works.  I prefer chronological order myself, but Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place is probably the easiest entry point for most people.  They really don't have that much material out either, so it won't take you to long to listen to all their albums and then dive into whichever one really resonated.