...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead reissues

"New York, NY — On the heels of successful tours of Europe, Asia and Australia, …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead has announced a US summer headlining tour which includes a performance at this year’s Pitchfork Music Festival on July 20th and has the band bringing fellow Austinites Ume out with them. Along with news of the tour comes the kick-off of a PledgeMusic campaign for a Tao Of The Dead Part III EP, tentatively set for a September 24th release. 

In partnership with Superball Music and Richter Scale, Trail of Dead has already launched a pre-order for the EP (available on limited edition CD and 12” vinyl) that will give fans the opportunity to be involved during the creation of the brand new 20-minute long composition, produced by long-time collaborator Chris “Frenchie” Smith.   

There are a variety of different exclusives that can be obtained, including handwritten lyric sheets, signed CD’s & LP’s, damaged cymbals and even paintings by Conrad Keely.  Not only that, but a portion of the money raised will go to the charity APLE (https://www.facebook.com/aple.cambodia) which helps protect children‘s rights in Cambodia.  You can find out more about the pledge campaign and get involved here – http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/trailofdead

In addition, on July 9th Superball Music in conjunction with Richter Scale will re-release the band’s entire indie catalogue – 1998’s …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, 1999’s Madonna, 2009’s The Century of Self, 2011’s Tao Of The Dead and 2012’s Lost Songs – on 180g audiophile vinyl.  To get fans psyched up for these re-releases, the band just released lyric videos for “Mistakes & Regrets” (Madonna): http://youtu.be/TcY_2RPvKnM and “A Gargoyle Waiting” (…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead): http://youtu.be/nvJdhgG7CiM and all re-releases will be available at the start of the band’s US tour that kicks off on July 10th at Spaceland Ballroom in New Haven, CT.  Confirmed US and European dates below…"

US 2013 Tour Dates (w/Ume)

10-Jul - Spaceland Ballroom - New Haven, CT  
11-Jul - Metro Gallery - Baltimore, MD  
12-Jul – Rex Theatre - Pittsburgh, PA  
13-Jul - Ace Of Cups - Columbus, OH    
15-Jul – Firebird - St. Louis, MO  
16-Jul - Record Bar - Kansas City, KS
18-Jul - Double Door - Chicago, IL    
19-Jul - Cactus Club - Milwaukee, WI  
20-Jul - Pitchfork Festival - Chicago, IL    
21-Jul - Pike Room - Detroit, MI
22-Jul - Grog Shop - Cleveland, OH  
23-Jul - Maxwell's - Hoboken, NJ

European 2013 Tour Dates

26-Jul - Welcome To The Village – Leeuwarden, Holland

27-Jul – Boomtown Festival – Gent, Belgium

29-Jul - Conrad Sohm – Dornbirn, Austria

30-Jul - Rote Fabrik – Zurich, Switzerland

2-Aug - FSW (Visions Party) – Dortmund, Germany

3-Aug - Stoner Rock Festival – Bad Bentheim, Germany

8-Aug - Schlachthof – Wiesbaden, Germany

9-Aug - Taubertal Festival – Rothenburg, Germany

10-Aug - Manufaktur – Schorndorf, Germany

11-Aug - Open Flair – Eschwege, Germany

Dang... I really want Source Tags & Codes on vinyl.  Too bad that one is on Interscope.  I'll probably pick up all the reissues if I don't have the originals already.

I'll be at the 7/13 show in Columbus.  I can't believe they're playing Ace of Cups.  That place is going to be craaaaazy packed.

Dang... I really want Source Tags & Codes on vinyl.  Too bad that one is on Interscope.  I'll probably pick up all the reissues if I don't have the originals already.

I'll be at the 7/13 show in Columbus.  I can't believe they're playing Ace of Cups.  That place is going to be craaaaazy packed.

Set an Ebay alert for "Source Tags & Codes (lp vinyl)".  Those pop up almost every week.  

I accidentally won two auctions over a ten day period for less than $30 each.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Damn! I love my original press but I'm glad to see there will be a new one. I might just grab one though I really like the convenience of my single LP edition. It might not be too annoying to have an extra side to play. I never thought this one would get a repress.

Sidenote: With all this Interscope stuff coming back in print, I wonder if its just a matter of time before Manson's stuff gets done.