...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead reissues

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I've seen some reviews of this new press on discogs and a few people are saying that their copies are pressed off-center and the warble is very noticeable. Hopefully its just a small batch in the pressing that is effected but I'd be prepared. Here's to hoping there are no more problems with and I'll just stick to my OP.

Edited by mcpherson123

34 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but I've seen some reviews of this new press on discogs and a few people are saying that their copes are pressed off-center and the warble is very noticeable. Hopefully its just a small batch in the pressing that is effected but I'd be prepared. Here's to hoping there are no more problems with and I'll just stick to my OP.

Yikes. I just had a look - comments seem specific to the European standard black version at this point. Hope that's it.

I just played through my blue copy. The first side looked a teensy bit wobbily but sounded fine other than some surface noise every now and then. Pretty happy with the sound, I never knew there was a different version outside NA. 

The blue came out really dark but it's got pretty black wispys in it.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I just played through my blue copy. The first side looked a teensy bit wobbily but sounded fine other than some surface noise every now and then. Pretty happy with the sound, I never knew there was a different version outside NA. 

If you hadn't said that was blue I would have just assumed it was black with some areas looking blue due to reflections. :lol:

29 minutes ago, jeromium said:

If you hadn't said that was blue I would have just assumed it was black with some areas looking blue due to reflections. :lol:

It'd be more noticeable if I didn't have a black slipmat but yeah way different than the mocks. No matter how I messed with filters and edits I couldn't get the fucker to show up haha

The second photo shows it better but I need to use my classic angle or my mom will break her back or something.

Edited by Sunshine

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

What is that turntable? Looks gorgeous.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

It's a Sansui SR-636. Incredibly sleek looking for when it was manufactured in the late 70s.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/sr-636.shtml

s636.jpg

Nice! I really dig that. I'll have to keep an out for those on the 'Bay. 

My claim to fame vintage table is my Technics SL-5300.  I really like it. I've got an MCS 6700 too that is in really nice shape and has a killer matte black finish all around. It produces a really strong sound too. I like that sleek glossy chassis on your Sansui though.

5 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Nice! I really dig that. I'll have to keep an out for those on the 'Bay. 

My claim to fame vintage table is my Technics SL-5300.  I really like it. I've got an MCS 6700 too that is in really nice shape and has a killer matte black finish all around. It produces a really strong sound too. I like that sleek glossy chassis on your Sansui though.

Ooh I'll check it out when I get home. I would def rather it be a matte finish because of fingerprints but I can't complain it still works perfect all original parts. We used to make such quality things that don't fall apart after a year. It's a cheapish table too even in good condition because of its age I guess. 

I'd love to visit the equipment forum but I'm afraid of that one guy that owns that board hahaha.

I grabbed original presses of the first two LP's as I'm on a whole Trail Of Dead kick lately. Madonna just came in today and looks really nice. Can't wait to give it a dedicated listen. I should have the s/t in a few days. Got both for a steal.  Anyway, Trail Of Dead FTW. Loving my OP of Source Tags a lot more since this press came out.

3 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I grabbed original presses of the first two LP's as I'm on a whole Trail Of Dead kick lately. Madonna just came in today and looks really nice. Can't wait to give it a dedicated listen. I should have the s/t in a few days. Got both for a steal.  Anyway, Trail Of Dead FTW. Loving my OP of Source Tags a lot more since this press came out.

both of those are like $10 records that have like never gone out of print.