...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead reissues

20 hours ago, jrodan said:

both of those are like $10 records that have like never gone out of print.

(like)Technically the first presses were out of active print for some time and then in 2013 were remastered. I really dig having copies from first-ish runs especially if there is a remaster available. I like to be able to listen to an LP the way it was first mastered and then if I'm still curious, I might pick up a remaster. I'm not sure how long the original stampers were used to press runs of the LP's but I was distinctly trying to procure copies from before the 2013 press. Yes, these records are generally found for a pretty inexpensive price tag.  Madonna tends to run for a little more than the S/t. Looks like the 2013 Madonna might have gotten a bit scarce because most of the prices I found for that were a little higher than a number of the originals. Thank you.

20 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Why?

Because the announcement of this press made me go back and play my copy because it reminded me how much I dig the album and I hadn't had it in rotation for a while.

Edited by mcpherson123

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

(like)Technically the first presses were out of active print for some time and then in 2013 were remastered. I really dig having copies from first-ish runs especially if there is a remaster available. I like to be able to listen to an LP the way it was first mastered and then if I'm still curious, I might pick up a remaster. I'm not sure how long the original stampers were used to press runs of the LP's but I was distinctly trying to procure copies from before the 2013 press. Yes, these records are generally found for a pretty inexpensive price tag.  Madonna tends to run for a little more than the S/t. Looks like the 2013 Madonna might have gotten a bit scarce because most of the prices I found for that were a little higher than a number of the originals. Thank you.

Because the announcement of this press made me go back and play my copy because it reminded me how much I dig the album and I hadn't had it in rotation for a while.

Oh ok that makes sense I was just under the impression the only difference on the new pressing was extra songs. I do have a few albums where I prefer the original mix quite a bit to any new remasters.

17 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Oh ok that makes sense I was just under the impression the only difference on the new pressing was extra songs. I do have a few albums where I prefer the original mix quite a bit to any new remasters.

Yeah, same here. I have to assume that there will likely have been some different processing done on the mastering end since it had to be recut for the 2xLP format as well. I'm interested in hearing the new one but so complacently (lazily) happy with only needing to flip my OP once to play the full album.

23 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm interested in hearing the new one but so complacently (lazily) happy with only needing to flip my OP once to play the full album.

Yeah I love having to flip just once.

I played the new 2LP over the weekend and was struggling to EQ it properly at first - couldn't get it to sound good. I stopped messing with it and I guess I got used to it, but I need to compare it to the OP - should have done so after the first song. 

2 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Yeah I love having to flip just once.

I played the new 2LP over the weekend and was struggling to EQ it properly at first - couldn't get it to sound good. I stopped messing with it and I guess I got used to it, but I need to compare it to the OP - should have done so after the first song. 

Interesting. Now I wonder how I'd react to the new master even more. Damn, I don't want to spend any more money on Source Tags & Codes. Who am I kidding? Yes, I do.

• 5 years later...