PO: Neko Case - "The Worse Things Get..."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right

Neko is on Scott Aukerman's Comedy Bang Bang podcast w/ Rob Huebel and Tom Lennon this week. She contributes as a regular guest and also plays two acoustic versions of tracks off the new album. Local Girl and Calling Cards.

Worth a listen.

Meant to listen to that the other day, I try to keep up with CBB every week.  Neko's twitter account is pretty funny at times, I'm looking forward to hearing here on the podcast.

Meant to listen to that the other day, I try to keep up with CBB every week.  Neko's twitter account is pretty funny at times, I'm looking forward to hearing here on the podcast.

She did a really good job. Definitely held her own against three extremely funny guys (even through she didn't talk quite as much).

Both songs also sounded really great. I hadn't heard anything off the new album and this made me want to pick it up.

She did a really good job. Definitely held her own against three extremely funny guys (even through she didn't talk quite as much).

Just listened to it and I thought she fared very well with the three of them.  The different readings of the album name was real amusing.

I've been through the album three times and I like it a lot more than Middle Cyclone.  Calling Cards and Nearly Midnight, Honolulu really stand out for me.