John Mayer - Paradise Valley

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Bumping this thread to talk about "The Search For Everything".

'Wave One' is absolutely mind blowing in every way. All 4 songs are potential top 10 JM songs in my opinion. Anyone got details on when 'Wave Two' will drop?

Saw an Instagram story of John's that said "almost done" with a wave emoji which I'm assuming refers to the 2nd EP then one where he was bobbing his head and the caption said "mixing"

Best case, I'm thinking this Friday which would be great!

hope im not the only one that was a little underwhelmed with the songs. was hoping more continuum/JM Trio but got more pop. though I do dig 3 of the 4 songs so im looking forward to the next EP. Love on the weekend though is straight elevator music.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

On 15 February 2017 at 8:22 AM, Holo said:

I'll give it a listen later. Really dig Room for Squares and haven't loved anything since.

I'd have to agree with you. Room for Squares = Heavier Things > everything he did after that. Those 2 are definitely 2 of my favourite albums of all time, but I absolutely adore all of his work.

I think I'm enjoying Wave 2 more than Wave 1, but they're both extremely neat pieces of work. Excited for wave 3.

13 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I'm not into this whole wave thing. I get the appeal but wake me when the full album is available.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of it either. There's something to be said about consuming an album in one sitting vs. little chunks

Visual albums too, not a fan

• 3 weeks later...

I think if he splits each wave into a 12" at 45RPM and put them into a nice boxset that would be pretty cool, but it's also pretty unlike his past releases to do so. This also means a crapload more money to be spent.. 

I'd be more irked if I'm not able to buy Wave 3 alone without buying the rest of the album again on iTunes. 

I love Wave 2 but admittedly I'm more excited for the supposed 'B-Sides' album titled Zero; really hoping to finally have a good quality recording of 'taking on water'.