PO: Volcano Choir - Repave

The newest from Justin Vernon's (Bon Iver) side project, Volcano Choir, is up for preorder. Release date for  Repave is September 3rd, 2013. Vinyl/CD available from SC Distribution:

• The new album on your choice of limited-edition clear vinyl LPs in litho-wrap gatefold jacket or compact disc in 6-panel cardboard wallet
  • Digital download code for the lead single "Byegone" (as .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s), redeemable immediately upon purchase
  • Additional download code for the full album in mp3 format, redeemable August 20th, 2013 (two weeks prior to release date)

http://www.scdistribution.com/volcanochoir/

TRACKS
  1. Tiderays
  2. Acetate
  3. Comrade
  4. Byegone
  5. Alaskans
  6. Dancepack
  7. Keel
  8. Almanac

You can check out the first single, "Byegone" on YouTube:

It depends on the label regarding the color variant...SC handles a lot of labels! Best to email/ask JAG... records directly to inquire about variants! I dont know why shipping is so high? Usually the SC bundles come with LP, CD, poster, and a bonus item (7", patch, artwork, ect.) that usually helps justify the higher shipping!  That trailer for the album sounded fucking amazing! I have a feeling this album will be 100x better than their first! Which was a miss in my eyes!

$7 shipping for USA peeps

I wonder if the clear is exclusive to this preorder or if that's the standard color for this press.

I'll get this, but I have a feeling that l'll be able to cop it somewhere else for less.

I was thinking the same thing. clear would be nice to have but the high shipping cost is enough to make me not wanna order from here.

I was thinking the same thing. clear would be nice to have but the high shipping cost is enough to make me not wanna order from here.

Yea, you know Amoeba will have this for a good price. 

15% off + no tax + free shipping will make this an easy buy from them. 

You'll get it a week after it's street date, tho ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I asked about the clear "exclusiveness" after they addressed my first inquiry.  (About the shipping rates.)  They politely - but very vaguely -  said something akin to "Yup.  Shipping rates went up this year."  And that was that.  Really no elaboration, or explanation as to why countless U.S. labels and web-stores can ship a single record for < $5.00.  Their response may as well have been blank, save for "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" at the bottom.  Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...
This album is much better than the first. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that they spent actual time in a studio together after touring and getting to know each other this time around. I'll probably end up buying this one.

What's funny is that I had zero idea this leaked, and literally just did a [mini] group buy less than 10 minutes ago.  Kind of wanted to hear it before dropping ~$22, but I suspected it'd be better than Unmap... based off that teaser and Byegone alone.  Glad to hear it delivers.  I'll be checking it out tonight.

What's funny is that I had zero idea this leaked, and literally just did a [mini] group buy less than 10 minutes ago.  Kind of wanted to hear it before dropping ~$22, but I suspected it'd be better than Unmap... based off that teaser and Byegone alone.  Glad to hear it delivers.  I'll be checking it out tonight.

It has similar song structures from the second Bon Iver album with more proggy instrumentation. I'm loving it.

its def pretty solid album...gonna regret not getting the clear ...but have to restrict my vinyl purchasing to absolute NEEDS at the moment....hopefully ill score a clear after the wedding in september.....(fingers crossed) knowing we have no idea what its limited to...but sure it will sell out in the next week or so