DEAL FOUND: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon 2M-R for 340 shipped!

• 2 weeks later...

been having issues lately with my anti-skate weight falling off whenever i raise the cue lever and move the tonearm over to the record. even doing so very carefully will make it fall off sometimes. Anyone else have this issue?

Ive never had this issue.   What notch are you putting the skate weight on.  Mine is on the 3rd one closest to the counter weight.  maybe the knot on yours is to big try tighten it up when its attached

Ive never had this issue. What notch are you putting the skate weight on. Mine is on the 3rd one closest to the counter weight. maybe the knot on yours is to big try tighten it up when its attached

So your loop is on the farthest notch? I readi somewhere online or maybe in the manual to put it on the 2nd (middle) one but I had a few skipping issues recently when bumped the shelf. Maybe I'll put it on the 3rd just in case. Or just not bump the shelf. Ha.

Owned the carbon about a week now. My only issue is that, when I use the tonearm lifter the arm shifts to the side when lifting. Not a huge deal I think. Also, some nasty inner groove distortion that I don't know how to correct.

I noticed this last night. A new song had started and a I lifted the lever. When I lowered it, it started playing on the later half of the previous song.

Just grabbed one of these yesterday, ended up paying normal full retail ($399) but got it at a retailer in the area who were awesome.  They unboxed it, showed me proper configurations and setup, and while that guy reboxed it, another employee took me upstairs to the private high-end audio room to show me some $20,000 tables and speakers that cost more than my house and such.  Great experience there. (The Speaker Shop in Amherst, just outside of Buffalo, NY)

Is that on main st. by record theatre?