DEAL FOUND: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon 2M-R for 340 shipped!

This was discussed in a different thread but its good information to spread as well.  Also I'm not spamming but if you use ebates:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=%2Bb%2BUS2yfksmlvBDCDuz03Q%3D%3D

That's my referral code above, but if you use ebates with this purchase you will get 4% back in your paypal account or check or amazon gift card.  So that's another $15 or so off if you look at it that way its only like $325.  Just saying.

This was discussed in a different thread but its good information to spread as well. Also I'm not spamming but if you use ebates:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=%2Bb%2BUS2yfksmlvBDCDuz03Q%3D%3D

That's my referral code above, but if you use ebates with this purchase you will get 4% back in your paypal account or check or amazon gift card. So that's another $15 or so off if you look at it that way its only like $325. Just saying.

Thank you Mr. TwoShoes!

Thanks in advance if you use my referral code as well!  (You need to sign up for ebates before you buy from musician's friend, then use their link to musicians friend to get credit for the purchase to get that 4% back also I think it'll go toward the original price of $399 but I could be wrong.)

Thanks in advance if you use my referral code as well! (You need to sign up for ebates before you buy from musician's friend, then use their link to musicians friend to get credit for the purchase to get that 4% back also I think it'll go toward the original price of $399 but I could be wrong.)

well any money saved, is money I don't spend! What do you get out of the use of YOUR referral code?

Yeah its for sure $5 I just checked.  Ebates is just a sweet deal, someone on the this board got me on it, and anytime I'm going to make an online purchase I look through the list of stores to see if the stores on the list and if it is you get money back.  Since 2011 I've earned $150 just from buying stuff, the big money is if you ever order flowers that's like a 20% cash back.  I just think more people should use it...FREE MONEY!

Just jumped on this as well (and attempted to add Ebates, though it's not clear if that got logged correctly). Thanks for posting!

For Ebates all you have to do is make sure you're logged in, and then pick musicians friend from the drop down list at the Left, A page will pop up saying you're being directed to the site then you buy it and should get an email in a few days saying you have cash back in your account then after like a month or so they'll send you the money

So, I was planning on waiting until September to try the U-Turn Orbit. BUT my current TT is jacked. It's a crappy Audiotechna that I got as a gift and it's just not worth the trouble to try and fix (bad wobble, tried a bunch of things, nothing worked.)

My budget isn't so great, but I was thinking about the Pro-Ject Debut III, which I'm finding around $300. Should I just ante up and go for this for the extra $40? I hate being so "noobish" about it but thought I'd ask since this is on sale now. I was hoping to spend more like $200 (again, budget, priorities, etc.) and that's why I was interested in the Orbit. But an extra $100 or so could be done if I pushed it.

Regarding the $40 difference between Debut III and Carbon, it's more than worth it. Better platter, better tonearm, better cartridge. Each one of those is worth the extra $40 alone.

Regarding your budget, look at it in the long run. A table like the Carbon will serve you well at least 5 years without a slightest problem (if you take care of it). A $140 higher budget means just over $2 monthly to know you got a premium product compared to what you'd get for $200.  That is if that $200 table would even last you the same 5 years (from what I'm reading from unsatisfied owners it most likely wouldn't). The Orbit might be better in that regard, but personally I wouldn't want to be the test bunny on that one.

Regarding the $40 difference between Debut III and Carbon, it's more than worth it. Better platter, better tonearm, better cartridge. Each one of those is worth the extra $40 alone.

Regarding your budget, look at it in the long run. A table like the Carbon will serve you well at least 5 years without a slightest problem (if you take care of it). A $140 higher budget means just over $2 monthly to know you got a premium product compared to what you'd get for $200.  That is if that $200 table would even last you the same 5 years (from what I'm reading from unsatisfied owners it most likely wouldn't). The Orbit might be better in that regard, but personally I wouldn't want to be the test bunny on that one.

totally agree with everything slinch just said. and yes this is the wrong thread but screw it y'all let's roll with it.

Cool, I'll bite the bullet.

If this thread wasn't created I wouldn't have checked the other to see the sale. The words "DEAL" drew me in, so it's served it's purpose and is right enough for me.

Now I need to decide on color. I like the idea of a red or yellow one, but not sure I'll wanna look at that for years. It's between blue and black honestly. Bah screw it, red, I'm in Chicago, BULLS! ORDERED. Thanks guys!

For Ebates all you have to do is make sure you're logged in, and then pick musicians friend from the drop down list at the Left, A page will pop up saying you're being directed to the site then you buy it and should get an email in a few days saying you have cash back in your account then after like a month or so they'll send you the money

Yup, it just took a bit to register. Got credit for it today.