DEAL FOUND: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon 2M-R for 340 shipped!

How is your experience with the exchange going? Mine is on my doorstep while I'm at work right now. I can help but worry that it got damaged during shipping.

Their customer service was great. Free to ship back and they're going to send me a new one. I'm just waiting for it to come now.

Now we need to find a good deal on the speed box and acrylic platter. I wish musicians friend carried them so I could use the code and EBates

I ordered a Music Hall Acri-Plat platter from B&H.  At $100, it's a reasonable savings over ordering the Pro-ject Acryl-It platter ($130) and seems to be identical.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853829-REG/Music_Hall_ACRI_PLAT_ACRI_PLAT_ACYLIC_PLATTER_for.html

I ordered a Music Hall Acri-Plat platter from B&H.  At $100, it's a reasonable savings over ordering the Pro-ject Acryl-It platter ($130) and seems to be identical.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853829-REG/Music_Hall_ACRI_PLAT_ACRI_PLAT_ACYLIC_PLATTER_for.html

Thanks! I hope that is still available when I have the funds ready.

So an update on return status:

They still haven't said they received it, so I called today to speak to customer service. After multiple phones calls to both MF and UPS, I got nowhere. When I filed for a return I was sent a tracking label to use, which I dropped off to UPS. Later that night they sent me another shipping label for no reason. Their system now only shows that label, which I never used. UPS can't locate tracking for prepaid labels so I'm lost in the dark waiting for it to be shipped back to them. I did find a reference number from the first return label and emailed them and they said they DID receive it and are processing it now. Fingers crossed...

Regardless of everything MF customer service has been nothing but superb and friendly. UPS on the other hand are heartless.

So an update on return status:

They still haven't said they received it, so I called today to speak to customer service. After multiple phones calls to both MF and UPS, I got nowhere. When I filed for a return I was sent a tracking label to use, which I dropped off to UPS. Later that night they sent me another shipping label for no reason. Their system now only shows that label, which I never used. UPS can't locate tracking for prepaid labels so I'm lost in the dark waiting for it to be shipped back to them. I did find a reference number from the first return label and emailed them and they said they DID receive it and are processing it now. Fingers crossed...

Regardless of everything MF customer service has been nothing but superb and friendly. UPS on the other hand are heartless.

Now they emailed me and said they didn't receive anything yet... I'm am so frustrated right now with them and UPS. I just want my damn turntable and I have no idea what to do.

I had to cancel my order from Musician's Friend, as I had ordered the yellow and they couldn't give me a realistic delivery date.  It was always a moving ten day window of when it was going to ship, so I called to see what I could find out. They said the earliest they would actually have it would be August 9th, and that it was possible that they wouldn't even have it then.  I told them to cancel the order. 

I purchased it from Crutchfield instead.  It was regular price, but I did get $10 back from ebates.com.  I didn't mind paying slightly more, considering it was in stock.  I ordered it Monday, it shipped four hours later and showed up today via UPS Ground.  It is absolutely awesome.  I can't wait to break this and my DB Systems DB-8 phono preamp in.  I am upgrading from an Audio-technica AT-LP60, so it's a HUGE upgrade for me.  With the proper downforce and anti-skate, all of my records that skipped on the AT now play perfectly.  Everything is almost much more quiet and articulate.  I can't say enough good things about it.

I am already eyeballing the Ortofon 2M Blue cart.. and an acrylic platter.  One step at a time, I guess. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to upgrade, on the fence about this.  I've had nothing but good experiences with MF over the years with ordering guitar supplies, but this thread has me kind of weary.  But the $40 more for a better cartridge and tonearm from the Essential really has me enticed.  Should I go for it?

Looking to upgrade, on the fence about this.  I've had nothing but good experiences with MF over the years with ordering guitar supplies, but this thread has me kind of weary.  But the $40 more for a better cartridge and tonearm from the Essential really has me enticed.  Should I go for it?

My whole experience in the end, ended up being 70% UPS's fault. So if that helps ease your mind. Plus I eventually got my turntable and it's perfect and such. Totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Pro-Ject Dubut Carbon yesterday (super-boss piano black)!  Musiciansfriend.com is offering a promotion FALLSALE13, $75 off orders of $399 or more.  This brought the TT to $325!  After tax, I paid $348.30 to have the TT shipped.  Here's the deal...Pro-Ject won't allow them to use promotions on web-based sales....so you have to call them to place the order.  Enjoy!

Ordered a Pro-Ject Dubut Carbon yesterday (super-boss piano black)!  Musiciansfriend.com is offering a promotion FALLSALE13, $75 off orders of $399 or more.  This brought the TT to $325!  After tax, I paid $348.30 to have the TT shipped.  Here's the deal...Pro-Ject won't allow them to use promotions on web-based sales....so you have to call them to place the order.  Enjoy!

This is legit.  Just bought one as well.  Thanks for the tip, bro.