PO: O'Brother - Disillusion

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my replacement Disillusion LP and guess what?...exactly the same! Warp right on the outside that makes tracks 1-2 unplayable on both LP's and both sides. When I email this merchnow girl back she is going to flip. I don't think they'll send me another one. Probably just a refund. All I want is a Smoky grey copy of one of my favorite bands. FUCK

I just got my replacement Disillusion LP and guess what?...exactly the same! Warp right on the outside that makes tracks 1-2 unplayable on both LP's and both sides. When I email this merchnow girl back she is going to flip. I don't think they'll send me another one. Probably just a refund. All I want is a Smoky grey copy of one of my favorite bands. FUCK

Seriously that is just bad luck! Hope you will get a smoke grey copy that ain't warp at some point...but yea, bad luck for sure. My record arrived with no damage/bruises at all, even the gatefold jacket hasn't suffered any damage and that's a super rare thing for the records I receive from the states. 

Just got my copy in today. Everything is gorgeous. Had no clue about side D. When I pulled out the records to look at the color (which I still can't get over), I saw the uninterrupted groove and figured it must be the title track. Was very surprised when I figured out it was a reverse-playing bonus song. Very cool.

Just got my copy in today. Everything is gorgeous. Had no clue about side D. When I pulled out the records to look at the color (which I still can't get over), I saw the uninterrupted groove and figured it must be the title track. Was very surprised when I figured out it was a reverse-playing bonus song. Very cool.

What color did you get? I had 2 smoky grey with bad warps and merchnow won't replace it again. They refunded me the $20 so now I'm thinking about getting it from Amazon perhaps. Surely I couldn't be unlucky 3 times in a row!

• 2 weeks later...

Blowing the dust off this thread.

I love my vinyl copy, but O'Bro is the type of band I end up listening to outside of my home a lot.  The vinyl pressing is the only version of this album with the song on side D.

Does anyone have a set up to rip a nice clean 24 bit FLAC?  I probably have a way of making it worth your while...

• 1 month later...

Just letting you guys know, the bundle only smokey grey version is by itself in the store now. http://merchnow.com/products/161722/disillusion-translucent-smoky-gray-lp

70 left.

Ugh, bummed I didn't end up really liking this album. Couple of cool tracks and they're still great live but it didn't hit me like Garden Window did.

Ugh, bummed I didn't end up really liking this album. Couple of cool tracks and they're still great live but it didn't hit me like Garden Window did.

^ this.  really didn't care for the album, which is a real drag.  loved everything these guys did before his album though, and they're awesome live.  still haven't jumped at the record.  probably look for a sale somewhere.

^ this.  really didn't care for the album, which is a real drag.  loved everything these guys did before his album though, and they're awesome live.  still haven't jumped at the record.  probably look for a sale somewhere.

It's on clearance at SRC, like 12 bucks plus shipping. 15 PPD.

While I agree that it's not on the same level as their previous work, it's definitely a grower and it's definitely a moody piece. If you can dig the feel of it, I recommend picking it up. I can vouch that the blue starburst is a really great pressing with a lot of care put into it and the packaging. For the SRC price, it's worth looking into if you enjoy their other stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...