Handsome --- just saw this..never before on vinyl

:D  I just wanted to commend those who praised SRC's forthright nature in disclosing audio sources and mastering.  

It's a rarity in any high-end music media.  I've avoided buying a few releases from hdtracks.com because they refuse to disclose their audio sources (many of which are SACD lol).  I take issue with Universal Special Markets for the same reason, Universal's distributors turning the blind eye should also not be taken lightly.

Suffice it to say-- if it's the same master as the CD--- sell me a CD and a 12" album flat!

Received a response from Peter. 

We were in touch with Sean at 6131 and were aware that SRC had also been granted a licence. Sean believed that 6131 were not proceeding. However I received an email from Sean Monday advising that SRC are going ahead with the reissue. The arrangements were made by Sony's licencing dept who had no contact with the band. Truth be told that 6131 discouraged us from contacting Sony but we will will be writing to them.

Here's the message that PRCDC sent to me late last year after seeing my post about it in the Quicksand - Slip thread.

Hondsome

Sent 29 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wouldn't that album be amazing on vinyl? Maybe next year =) 

Danny
  •  

So SRC wasn't bullshitting, they did seek the license. And according to Peter himself, they knew prior that SRC grabbed the license (makes sense, he was posting and hinting about it on FB by asking if people wanted it on vinyl) and 6131 wasn't gonna follow up but DID end up getting the license as well. The band didn't disapprove (not that they could have), and 6131 is trying to pass this off as some illegal and unethical bootleg that the band had absolutely no idea of.

You're funny.

I probably should've also included quotes to indicate that I was shoehorning another Lebowski quote in there. I assume you mean this in a passive-aggressive sarcastic sense given your modus operandi. Handsome definitely are/were not amateurs. I shouldn't have dragged them into it. What I meant to convey was that 6131 dropped the ball by not doing something awesome like including that 7". I would've paid $24 for that without the gatefold, especially if I knew that the source media and mastering were handled properly. I jumped on their preorder thinking it would be my only chance at a record I've always loved and have been waiting on for years when 6131 knew differently, and now they won't let me cancel my order. That's greasy. And it's sad to see an otherwise commendable label like No Sleep get in bed with an outfit like 6131 and then look bad when they pile on with the "unauthorized bootleg" talk. The whole thing just fucking stinks all the way around. I still think some asshole needs to answer for this getting licensed twice at basically the same time, though I'm sure it has zero chance of happening. The fucker is probably lurking Twitter and this thread and laughing the whole time.

Edit: some asshole at Sony, I mean

You should see the emails I got from this Joey last night. Once I mentioned the illegality of their practice, it was f bomb city. Called it an authorized bootleg, whatever that means. Supposedly I'm getting a refund because I bitched to high heaven today and last night, but it is extremely ridiculous. Now nosleep says they ave a no returns policy anyway, so we'll see if I get that money. I have a buyer regardless, but it just seems like sour grapes on Joey, 6131, and No Sleeps part. Did I go overboard on twitter today? Maybe, but I'm right so fuck it.

Ok I got it. It's all very entertaining. And regardless I see joey from 6131 being a dick about it all.

This is hilarious how wrong they are and they actually think they are on the high moral ground with this argument. Stupid.

The same dude who went after 6131 on Twitter earlier just referenced this thread there.

6131's response: "let it go man. You're making this a larger deal than it needs to be. And for the record, Handsome did not know until we told them"

So apparently they're calling thievesdont and/or Peter liars.

Wtf. This is getting nuts. Regardless I just want my records. I ordered from 6131 originally and want that one, also I will order from SRC when the preorder hits. Ill listen to both, whichever one has the better AQ will remain with me, the other will go in my sale / trade list.

As for refunds, I've only ever asked for one from SRC literally 2 hrs after a preorder went up and was told they don't give refunds but do offer store credit which I thought was a bit strange, but also didn't mind since there is always something I want on the SRC site

Now nosleep says they ave a no returns policy anyway, so we'll see if I get that money.

I hope that's posted somewhere and they can prove it's been up for a while because I've canceled pre orders through them a few times in the past.  Canceled my IIOI 52 Weeks in favor of the tour press I picked up, and canceled a pre order early in the year after I decided to go ahead and get the sub. They gave me no hassle whatsoever, sent the emails and had the refund in motion within the same days.

Nice work, thievesdont.

I never bother with Twitter (gives me a headache) but shit like this is too much fun. I should probably have a gif of MJ eating popcorn here.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Apparently we all just need to get on Twitter and raise hell. Navigating that awful interface might be worth the $20.

EDIT: Welcome to the VC, csjulien. I guess you came aboard while I was cutting and pasting. It would be one thing if they even bothered to offer store credit. It was basically like, "no, get lost".

I don't want anyone to think that I'm taking sides here, although it probably looks that way.

Just figured that being I have the resources/ability to at least get SOME clarification from members regarding the entire situation, I should go ahead and do it.

I'm presenting whats been given to me and going on that. Nothing I've said is bullshit, I didn't mock anything, I didn't retype words, etc. 

All I wanted to do was cancel one color, being that I ordered the other, and buy SRC's pressing which - on paper - looks like it's gonna be great. No refund? That's fine. I'll still pick it up and save one for another member here. I'm just not a huge fan of them insulting people just for asking for a refund, and insinuating that people aren't true fans because of it. Whatever, that's their prerogative.

We do know this:
SRC was granted rights earlier this summer. According to Peter, they (Handsome) were aware of this.

6131 are massive fans of the record, and they too put in a request for the rights. According to Peter, 6131 was unsure if they were going to release it after finding this out.. but they ended up getting the license as well and announced theirs in July.

SRC announced theirs after getting all details together yesterday.

The vinyl community then ended up turning itself into one giant butthole.