Sigur Ros - Takk possible repress [False alarm...] :(

Someone pointed out that there was an active listing on Amazon UK for Takk a while ago so I ordered it on a whim. I had forgotten about it, but just got an email that the delivery date had been updated to July 18th-August 8th. From that I would guess that if its actually going to ship, it'll be happening soon, since they usually estimate about 10 days-2 weeks from the dispatch date. Worth a shot?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002FI1Z3G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They upped the price about 8 GBP too.

I was thinking -- wasn't this "pre-order" scheduled for a July delivery?  That's what I believe the listing said when I took a chance on it months ago.  Now there's an update, bumping it back to a "possible" August delivery date.  Do you think August will roll around, and we'll get another update saying that the records could be delivered by September?  I could see an indefinite chain of delay e-mails if this thing never sees fruition.

But like everyone else said, there's nothing to lose.  And I'd be thrilled if my checking account was suddenly charged for this.  I guess we'll wait and see.

So if you look closely, it has a different ISN number and its says 2 discs instead of 3! 

So this is most likely a legit repress! I think this will not have the 10" that came with the original! Which I sort of like, keeping the original press, special! (sorry guys, I have an original)

I wonder if it will have the super heavy duty jacket! The original weighs probably the weight of 4-5 standard records combined! Its some serious packing! And utterly gorgeous. Probably the best looking vinyl I've seen/owned....

I think with this lower price it will be a lightly different jacket....? As I believe the original was $45-$55 retail 

• 2 weeks later...