Need help finding speakers that would work well with my setup

Hey guys! Lately I've been thinking about getting a new set of speakers but I'm not sure what would be right for my setup.  I've got a Technics SL 1400 MK2 turntable with a Shure M447 cartridge and a Kenwood KR6600 stereo.  The speakers I"m using right now are (don't hate me) just cheap Logitech Z506 surround sound speakers I got from best buy (hence my desire to upgrade).  The one thing I do really like about the speakers is the included subwoofer which gives me awesome bass when I want it, so I do wish I could keep that.  I listen to a lot of punk/pop punk as well as hardcore and a bit of hip hop, so I'd like to get something with a clear upper end that can still deliver a bass kick.  If at all possible, I'd like to spend in the 200-300 dollar range, but I suppose I'm not opposed to going a tad over budget if it's worth it.  Any help or suggestions you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated!

There are like 1000 recent threads about choosing speakers. I would look at those.

I agree. but just because i'm feeling nice/we share some taste in music/I enjoy these speakers...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=82-325-059&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo