1978 Fisher Price Record Player

My wife just scored this off of Ebay to give to our daughter for her third birthday in January. She loves listening to records with me and she's gonna shit when she gets her own record player. Now to find a bunch of old 45s that she can beat to hell with this. Anyone else grow up with one of these?

bpa9.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

I have mine from when I was younger. It's all blue, not sure what brand at the moment. I still have all my story book 45s with it and my daughter loves playing with it.

that's rad, I have my mom's story 45s in my closet....listened to a few....but just rad to have. Also have the Ronald McDonald 7"s from Happy Meals :P

I have mine from when I was younger. It's all blue, not sure what brand at the moment. I still have all my story book 45s with it and my daughter loves playing with it.

Those story book 45s were awesome. My brother and I listened to the Empire Strikes Back one until it basically disintegrated.

My middle child is three and he loves playing records. I've got a turntable on each of the three floors of our house and he has a favorite record for each one. Our bedroom record is Gaslight Anthem's "party song", third song from Senor and the Queen. The living room is a tie between the Forgetter's ep and Against Me's White Crosses. The basement record is Chuck Ragan's Anderson's Bluegrass Split. He picks them out and i hold him and he pushes the start button and just watches them spin. It really is pretty awesome. He has one of the plastic turntables, similar to the Big Bird one, but has grown out of it. Definetly going to look for one of those Fisher Price units.. didn't even know they existed.

I had one of these as a kid. Even in to adulthood, when I was at home putting up the family Christmas tree, I would play Christmas records on them.

My son loves records but I think getting him his own will only serve to encourage him to play daddy's records when he's board of his kid ones.