1978 Fisher Price Record Player

My middle child is three and he loves playing records. I've got a turntable on each of the three floors of our house and he has a favorite record for each one. Our bedroom record is Gaslight Anthem's "party song", third song from Senor and the Queen. The living room is a tie between the Forgetter's ep and Against Me's White Crosses. The basement record is Chuck Ragan's Anderson's Bluegrass Split. He picks them out and i hold him and he pushes the start button and just watches them spin. It really is pretty awesome. He has one of the plastic turntables, similar to the Big Bird one, but has grown out of it. Definetly going to look for one of those Fisher Price units.. didn't even know they existed.

So crazy how this stuff comes full circle. One of my earliest musical memories is sitting on my Dad's lap and watching the Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle spin on the turntable. I spin that record for my daughters now.

i have a similar one made by dejay that's tan and pink. i randomly picked it up back in college. i tried playing some old beat up records on it, but the sound is pretty awful, so it's not very useful for actual listening, but it looks pretty sweet on my shelf. and i can balance it on my head. 

2906563144_3b57357c1f_z.jpg