International Cassette Store Day coming September 7th

The inaugural International Cassette Store Day is to take place on September 7, it has been announced.

Modelled on the annual Record Store Day, International Cassette Store Day 2013 is described by its organisers as "a celebration of a physical product that is accessible, fun, cheap and still going strong in the turbulent current musical climate". It will see a number of limited edition albums released on cassette, and modern classic albums re-released on the much-loved format.

Among the labels involved in International Cassette Store Day will be SEXBEAT, Kissability and Suplex Cassettes, with music from Fucked Up, Los Campesinos! and Fair Ohs appearing among the releases. Meanwhile, Transgressive, Bella Union, Domino, 4AD, Wichita Recordings will be reissuing albums on cassette by artists including At The Drive-In, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Flaming Lips and Deerhunter.

In addition to the musical releases there will also be an event taking place at Rough Trade East on the day (September 7) which will include live bands and DJs. Similar events are expected to take place in Los Angeles, New York and Tokyo. For more information visit the International Cassette Store Day website.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71450#DD5YaJFP58i4OCYA.99

Wax cylinders or GTFO.

You guys are making my reply look stupid. :(

I just like any celebration of music in a physical form.

Nah, you're good people.