PO Coming: Rise Against Long Forgotten Songs--B-sides & Covers 7/30/13 album: 9/10/13

Rise Against have announced plans to release a collection of non-album tracks and covers this fall, much to fans' delight. Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000 – 2013 will arrive September 10th on Interscope Records.

“In the last thirteen or so years Rise Against has put out six records, each one we are proud to put our name on,” says lead singer Tim McIlrath. “But we are just as proud of these 26 songs that slipped through the cracks and never ended up on any of our full lengths. In various ways, most of these songs saw the light of day at some point, but we thought we would spare you the digging and put them all on one record.”

Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000 – 2013 will include songs from Rise Against’s career, starting before they signed with Fat Wreck Chords, that did not end up on any of their studio albums.

Pre-order and fan exclusive offers will begin on July 30th. Stay tuned for more info.

698121.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Pre-Order at RiseAgainst.com comes with the album on green vinyl (but no mention of numbers) and a 10" pic disc live from the Honda Center w/ an exclusive track. That bundles comes with some other stuff though. Runs $130.

No way to order just the album by itself from their site at this time. Cheapest bundle is $35.

Awesome. Added this to my Refused order at Interpunk.

Thanks for the reminder. Added that to my order.

The Pre-Order at RiseAgainst.com comes with the album on green vinyl (but no mention of numbers) and a 10" pic disc live from the Honda Center w/ an exclusive track. That bundles comes with some other stuff though. Runs $130.

No way to order just the album by itself from their site at this time. Cheapest bundle is $35.

My guess is that Interpunk might have the most exclusive. Don't really care about the numbers this time around, I just thought red would look spiffy. 

Guest s0uthard

Preordered my copy from Interpunk. The other variants sound cool, but I can't justify the price of them.

Why so many variants for a b-sides album?

I have no idea. Maybe the label thinks RA fans are all variant collectors and will want to buy multiple copies haha.

Guest s0uthard

Not vinyl-related but Best Buy has an exclusive version of this on CD.  Not sure what the bonus(es) are, or if there are actually any, but if you look at the track listing on this they are definitely missing a few (Fix Me, Tour Song).  Would be cool to see BB add those.

Well we got our answer and Fix Me is one of the bonus downloads.

From Bestbuy.com:

Rise Against Exclusive

The punk rock band's latest release, Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides and Covers 2000–2013, featuring a download code for two exclusive tracks, "Fix Me" and "Kick Out the Jams." Plus free shipping.

See this CD ›

While supplies last. See instructions in the package for redemption details. Code valid through September 10, 2014. Internet access required.

• 3 weeks later...