PO: Moving Mountains - Moving Mountains

The fact that they skipped Under A Falling Sky isn't surprising, it's just an acoustic track mostly with some piano and some eerie electronics and stuff. 

The middle section is probably the most energetic and best part of the album. Eastern Leaves when Evan comes in with the whole band is just amazing.

Hudson is probably the closest to the heavier Waves sound.

How would you rate it against the rest of their catalogue?  I really like Pneuma and Foreword.  I initially liked Waves but it really didn't hold up after I had some time with it.  I think the problem with that record is that they simplified their sound too much and really lost the complexity that made them awesome to listen to.  Plus the post-hardcore sound really isn't suited to their strengths.

Hoping this takes the place of Pneuma for my favorite album from them.

How would you rate it against the rest of their catalogue?  I really like Pneuma and Foreword.  I initially liked Waves but it really didn't hold up after I had some time with it.  I think the problem with that record is that they simplified their sound too much and really lost the complexity that made them awesome to listen to.  Plus the post-hardcore sound really isn't suited to their strengths.

Hoping this takes the place of Pneuma for my favorite album from them.

I don't feel comfortable rating it yet. I doubt it takes Pneuma's place simply due to the dynamics of that. Eastern Leaves is fantastic but even that doesn't even get up to the heights of 8105, which is quite possibly one of my favorite songs ever. So beautiful and that 8 minutes goes by so quickly.

Agreed but these Telegraph Sessions tracks sound amazing...I'm pretty amped

Yeah, I've been impressed with every single track released so far.  While Pneuma is amazing, there are a good amount of interludes and ambient tracks that artificially inflate that album.  I think the S/T will more than likely be my fave MovMou record once it drops

So this just leaked and I couldn't wait until my preorder arrived.  Got to say I'm super impressed with the album.  It reminds me of 90s emo mixed with Foreword.  The production (especially on the vocals) is a little raw and it fits the tone so well.  Go get this guys!

Edit: Looks like they've sold out of the /275 green pressing on their official site

So this just leaked and I couldn't wait until my preorder arrived.  Got to say I'm super impressed with the album.  It reminds me of 90s emo mixed with Foreword.  The production (especially on the vocals) is a little raw and it fits the tone so well.  Go get this guys!

Edit: Looks like they've sold out of the /275 green pressing on their official site

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds great. I'll add it to my Amazon order with Balance and Composure as I missed the good variants.