PO: Sundowner - Neon Fiction

here's a quick photo of what it looks like. that L shape looking thing is glare from the window behind me.

9680941618_040f28c917_c.jpg

it's been years (literally) since i've ordered from fat, and they wrote me a nice note on my mailer ("it's been awhile"). used to order all the time, especially when the original nofxwiki was active, but bills and student loans and adulthood became a real thing to me. i was going to head out to the store on friday, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. i guess saturday at BOTH will have to do.

Guest mastenator

Has Fat always given out these specific Wiki stickers and does this 1337/2500 imply a pressing number or something?

http://db.tt/py1ZyWgC

(in before 1337 = LEET)

Those are 1st press stickers. They are limited edition and numbered. Fat Mike actually added a pint of his own blood to the printing ink. They are going for $150-$200 on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to react to this album after the first listen. Gave it time. Think it's by far his worst album. Could do without the "la de da de da" and "ooooooooohhhhhs". Don't think his way of singing where he stretches out the words works well with drums. Seems like its done less on the tracks with drums but the pacing just seems off to me. Maybe that's why a lot of bands put acoustic sings at the end of albums? For pacing? Just thinking out loud.

Worst part, though, is that the whole thing just seems like one sorta-generic love song. There are times where you get some different themes but not much. Doesn't have those songs just about trains, baseball, etc... That's loved on the past albums.

Still hoping it will growing me a little cause I'm a 10 year LA/Sundowner/Brendan Kelly fan but I think even if it does grows on me a lot it will be my least favorite thing he's ever done.