Pro-ject Acryl-It platter upgrade to debut carbon, is it worth it?

Still haven't sprung for mine yet. I wish it would drop like 30$ somewhere, but it is way too popular to put on sale. This and a weight were the next things I wanted to pick up, but a friend want's to get into vinyl very cheap. To do that looks like I'd have to spend some money myself. I guess I'll wait a little longer.

I got one and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Is it worth $130? No. Does it get rid of static? Yeah, but not completely. Does it "improve" bass frequencies? No. Does it look cool? Yes. 

The main thing I wanted it for was to get rid of the static issue i've always had on my turntable, and it did get rid of a lot of it. It is super nice not having to use the slipmat. This thing sure looks cool when you put a colored record on it though!

IMG_3878_zps0ac1af52.jpg

I had a horrible static issue with mine. Every single time I would lift an lp the slip mat would be completely stuck to it, every time I touched the player I would get a shock as well. Not to mention hearing pops caused by the static. The acrylic platter has ALMOST eliminated all static related issues. For me it was worth it. Obviously there's no mat to stick, I haven't heard any popping due to the static, and I barely notice any little shocks anymore.

I had a horrible static issue with mine. Every single time I would lift an lp the slip mat would be completely stuck to it, every time I touched the player I would get a shock as well. Not to mention hearing pops caused by the static. The acrylic platter has ALMOST eliminated all static related issues. For me it was worth it. Obviously there's no mat to stick, I haven't heard any popping due to the static, and I barely notice any little shocks anymore.

This was 100% my main motivator as well. And for that, it's done well.

I got one and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Is it worth $130? No. Does it get rid of static? Yeah, but not completely. Does it "improve" bass frequencies? No. Does it look cool? Yes. 

The main thing I wanted it for was to get rid of the static issue i've always had on my turntable, and it did get rid of a lot of it. It is super nice not having to use the slipmat. This thing sure looks cool when you put a colored record on it though!

What is the rest of your setup? I noticed better bass pretty much instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, still considering getting this.  I really wanted to get it on Amazon since I've got over $100 in gift certificates, but I also got a $50 visa gift card I could apply to this.  Might just pull the trigger with only have to really pay $64.  Might just use the amazon gift cards for a Speed box, who knows.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...