Pro-ject Acryl-It platter upgrade to debut carbon, is it worth it?

I agree with ajxd. Upgrading is more fun when you take your time with it. If you just got a carbon, then you probably won't notice an upgrade much because you're not used to its sound to begin with. Upgrading should be about enhancing what you like (or don't like I guess) about your system. Anyone can throw a bunch of money at their setup, but it's not as personal.

My advice is see how you like your original platter. Then if you figure you're more and more interested with the acrylic platter, go for it, turn it into the Esprit! The good thing is, it runs about 99$ and hey, if you don't notice a huge difference in sound, you could always return the platter. (I'd recommend http://www.needledoctor.com if you can't find any on eBay with a good return policy)

It's a nice look, it weighs less than the metal platter and the better your speakers, the more of a slight difference you'll hear. From most forums I've read, people claim to have a better mid-range clarity, while one user said it was much duller than his glass platter. One user even mentioned bass clarity and no more floor noise. 

Good luck! and as always have fun!

Ended up ordering, just like the look of it and not needing a felt mat anymore, which I hate using

Let us know how you like it! I was thinking about getting it but I have the Music Hall Cork MAT and it did a great job eliminating the felt mat and has a lot less static build up. I think my next purchase is going to be a Pro Ject Record Puck.

Let us know how you like it! I was thinking about getting it but I have the Music Hall Cork MAT and it did a great job eliminating the felt mat and has a lot less static build up. I think my next purchase is going to be a Pro Ject Record Puck.

I'll have it Tuesday, I'll let post impressions

Just an update, got it yesterday and I notice there was less static and pop noise, but that just me thinking its supposed to be better. But it does look damn nice, especially with a colored vinyl and the light shines through and illuminates the platter, nice little effect.

Still need to listen a lot more see how much a difference, but clarity is better

Just an update, got it yesterday and I notice there was less static and pop noise, but that just me thinking its supposed to be better. But it does look damn nice, especially with a colored vinyl and the light shines through and illuminates the platter, nice little effect.

Still need to listen a lot more see how much a difference, but clarity is better

I enjoy the look of my clear splatter / translucent records a lot more because of the acrylic platter. 

I got both the acryl-it and speedbox ii, which are around the same price. I found the speedbox ii to be the bigger upgrade due to the fact that you switch speeds at a push of the button. The acryl-it is also nice because you no longer need a mat though.

Can the speed box be added to a Carbon Debut 3? Maybe something thats asked before....apologies if thats the case

How to connect what, the speed box?

speedboxsblackback.png

You plug in the power supply to the right ("power") input, then connect the supplied cable from the left output to the power input on your table. Not really rocket science. :)

It's in essence, as simple as that.  Though don't forget that you do need to set your belt to the 45 rpm pulley.  The instructions will clearly provide all the proper info you will need anyways.  Took me about a minute to setup.

Installing the acryl-it was a pain in the ass though! ;)

It's in essence, as simple as that.  Though don't forget that you do need to set your belt to the 45 rpm pulley.  The instructions will clearly provide all the proper info you will need anyways.  Took me about a minute to setup.

Installing the acryl-it was a pain in the ass though! ;)

I had mine stacked on top of my metal platter for a month before I realized something was wrong.