PO: Diarrhea Planet - I'm Rich Beyond Your Wildest Dreams

http://infinity-cat-recordings.myshopify.com/collections/diarrhea-planet/products/im-rich-beyond-your-wildest-dreams-preorder

Rich-Cover_medium.png?1763    

From Infinity Cat's website:

Well the day we've all been waiting for is finally here. On August 20, Infinity Cat Recordings is proud to release one of the most talked about and highly anticipated rock albums of the year "i'm rich beyond your wildest dreams" by Nashville's own Diarrhea Planet. And you can pre-order your copy now. But that's not all.The pre-order copy, in amazing fluorescent green, comes with an 11 X 17 poster of the band and a full size bumper sticker. No matter how beat up and rust ridden your vehicle is, you can proudly proclaim "i'm rich beyond your wildest dreams" on your bumper, if you still have a bumper. 

There are just 300 of them, so we must limit y'all to one per customer. Sorry, but they're gonna go fast, and there will be some folks who will miss out as it is, so we want to be sure everyone gets a chance. The regular edition, in stunning gold, will also be available as an addition to the green. In other words, you can pre-order just the green, or a two-pack of green and gold. The pre-orders will ship 8/16. Act now and own a piece of rock history. 

"Nashville's Diarrhea Planet have the greatest live show on Earth". (PITCHFORK)

"Get ready to spend your summer shouting along to "We're just kids!" (IMPOSE). 

"Their sonic maturation and cohesion remains impressive" (CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND)

http://infinity-cat-recordings.myshopify.com/collections/diarrhea-planet/products/im-rich-beyond-your-wildest-dreams-preorder

Preorder edition limited to 300 clear green.

can I just get the LP without the poster and bumper sticker? cuz $30 shipped is a bit rough for me right now.

I don't think there are any other options, other than adding the regular gold pressing. That $30 price is definitely hard to swallow. A poster and sticker do not add that much value to a package.

Really looking forward to this release, though.

$25+ bucks for this is nuts. IC puts out quality releases, but that's a lot of money just because it's a preorder color. Maybe this deters flippers, but an /300 release for Diarrhea Planet probably doesn't rate too highly on the eBay list of crazy prices.

Deterred me from buying though. Cool band and really cool looking color, but not for that price. I'll wait for the store copies.

I like this band's early jams a lot. Price completely deterred me from buying it. $30 for a single LP, poster, and sticker is a joke. Those are free throw-ins, not like a fancy print or anything. Stickers cost like 10 cents. Come on. Will wait for a sanely-priced version. $15 before shipping is still a bit nuts. I bet it doesn't even have an insert (the last album didn't). 

I like this band's early jams a lot. Price completely deterred me from buying it. $30 for a single LP, poster, and sticker is a joke. Those are free throw-ins, not like a fancy print or anything. Stickers cost like 10 cents. Come on. Will wait for a sanely-priced version. $15 before shipping is still a bit nuts. I bet it doesn't even have an insert (the last album didn't). 

i ended up buying the standard. $15 ain't too bad for a single LP (and the music is definitely rad). Yeah, it should be ~10-12, but whatever. Picked up Loose Jewels as well to offset shipping. And I'll be seeing these cats next week, so that should be fun

Wow that's dirty.

Whats dirty (or is dirty a good thing?)

$30 must not have deterred too many people as it sold out in hours.  They just raised the price on the limited version because it was the "limited" version....rather them get the extra cash then ebayers. 

I think it's kind of dirty to get people to buy an overpriced package because the buyers think that's the only way to get the record - then selling a record on its own once the packages sell out.

The original sales thread, tweets, and blog entry all said gold would go up for sale after the green sold out.  They were just selling some as bundles in case anyone wanted both so they wouldn't have to pay for shipping twice.

Except that I've never once seen a Diarrhea Planet record on eBay. Out of the 3 listed on Popsike, two are test pressings. And the one that wasn't was the Aloha 7" and it went for $36. Once. 

The point is that calling a poster and a sticker a "package" worth an additional $15 is ridiculous. 

I agree, $15 isn't that terrible. It's not great, but at least it's not $30. I'll just wait until they come around. I'm not really sold on the new album yet from what I've heard anyway. I've noticed more and more bands selling LPs for $15 at shows. Pretty wild, but I guess gas is like $4 per gallon now, so what can you do? 

If a pink Aloha showed up on eBay I would bet it would hit $50-100 easily.

Just because none have been listed doesn't mean there isn't demand for them.

But basically you can complain about the price all you want....but 300 other people didn't and it sold out fast.

If it was over priced the stock would still be there.