PO: Get Up Kids "Eudora" 2xLP & "On A Wire" LP represses /1000

From the inbox:

On September 17, 2013, THE GET UP KIDS albums EUDORA and ON A WIRE will once again be available on vinyl. A first pressing of 1000 copies of each album can be pre-ordered starting today at the Workhorse Music store.

Lawrence, Kansas’s The Get Up Kids were Matthew Pryor, James DeweesJim Suptic and brothers Ryan and Rob Pope.

Eudora was the band’s third full-length album, released in 2001 on Vagrant, and is a collection of B-sides, covers and rarities. The vinyl edition has been out of print for approximately a decade and this issuing will be a double album.

On A Wire was originally released in 2002 on Vagrant and Rolling Stone magazine stated “On a Wire quivers with the anxieties that must have arisen as the Get Up Kids left behind what originally made them. Straining vocals, racing tempos and walls of distortion give way to softer singing, spacious guitars and prominent keyboards . . . The Get Up Kids dig deeper into themselves. What they find is often subtle, less visceral but far more tender.” This issuing of the album will be on 180-gram vinyl.

I got Eudora and On a Wire on release date back in the days and omg, what a major disappointment On a Wire was and still is today. I couldn`t believe how much the band lost almost everything that made Something to write home about so special and the band itself to one of my most beloved bands ever.

I got Eudora and On a Wire on release date back in the days and omg, what a major disappointment On a Wire was and still is today. I couldn`t believe how much the band lost almost everything that made Something to write home about so special and the band itself to one of my most beloved bands ever.

i want to be stoked about these reissues! but unfortunately this is how i remember them too. Eudora was okay (it introduced me to the Replacements' "Beer for Breakfast," so that's a plus) but On A Wire just felt like a different band.

side note: to this day, Get Up Kids were part of the weirdest concert i've ever been to. it was a radio station show featuring (in the order that they performed) Nickelback, Kottonmouth Kings, the Get Up Kids and Kittie.

On A Wire is my favorite album from them, but does it really need a third different version of it to go along with the regular and the pic disc?

the "regular" was a 180g black pressing, which is out of print along with the pic disc.  If more people want this, they need to make more copies of it.  This new press is also 180g black, so not really another variant, just making more copies.  Are you really questioning the fact that they are making the album more available to people?

I feel like on the wire is the favorite record of this band for people who didnt listen to them when they put out something to write home about and red letter days.  on the wire sucks.  such a boring record.  this is the least-exciting TGUK news ever, repressing a mediocre/boring record and a record full of b-sides with two good covers.