PO : Self Defense Family : You Are Beneath Her

• v200_SelfDefenseCoverImageLarge.jpg

Self Defense Family are one of the most interesting bands in contemporary independent music. Their preferred name, Self Defense, nods towards the thematic impetus behind the band's music. The suffix they have adopted, Family, denotes the collective, multiple-member dynamic the band has adopted in the second phase of their career. This EP is the first in two forthcoming duets records Iron Pier is releasing for the band. In both records, longtime family member Caroline Corrigan takes the lead or shares vocal duties with usual 'family' singer Patrick Kindlon. This EP consists of four songs sung by Corrigan; three songs taken from Self Defense's "You Are Beneath Me" sessions and one song re-recorded soon after. All four songs are sung by family member Caroline Corrigan and have been remastered in 2013.

This item will be available for order in September and will ship immediately. Sign up below on the bottom right to receive an email notification as soon as this release is available and get priority access to our limited-to-100 exclusive colorway.

This item is coming soon.

Red – 100

Pink – 100

Yellow – 800

http://ironpier.limitedrun.com/products/516339-self-defense-family-you-are-beneath-her

There's a track streaming at AP, I dig it : http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/song_premiere_self_defense_family_jeni_leigh

Weren't they supposed to be releasing a full length soon?

Yeah, i think it is scheduled for later this year. No official announcements have been made, but they mentioned it on their blog as being for later in the fall.

This is excellent. I like how these guys are jumping around dropping eps on whatever label will put them out. It does a lot for expanding a label's visibility to people who might not otherwise know them, and gives these guys an outlet to do creative releases like this.

So far, in the known future there is just this and The Corrections Officer In Me, right?

This is excellent. I like how these guys are jumping around dropping eps on whatever label will put them out. It does a lot for expanding a label's visibility to people who might not otherwise know them, and gives these guys an outlet to do creative releases like this.

So far, in the known future there is just this and The Corrections Officer In Me, right?

As far as I know, yes.

As far as I know, yes.

They have a 5" lathe cut coming out on Driftwood Records as part of a subscription series. It's been up for pre-order for quite a long time but I've never seen anyone mention it. I'd post a link, but Storenvy is down right now. Actually, I'm guessing this link will take you to it:

http://driftwoodrecords.storenvy.com/products/857591-5-of-the-month-subscription-october-november-december

They have a 5" lathe cut coming out on Driftwood Records as part of a subscription series. It's been up for pre-order for quite a long time but I've never seen anyone mention it. I'd post a link, but Storenvy is down right now. Actually, I'm guessing this link will take you to it:

http://driftwoodrecords.storenvy.com/products/857591-5-of-the-month-subscription-october-november-december

Awesome, was completely unaware of this. Love me some SDF. I just got the Mixed Singles split in, thanks for that Jeff!

Awesome, was completely unaware of this. Love me some SDF. I just got the Mixed Singles split in, thanks for that Jeff!

Unfortunately I don't think I can play 5" records though. I have one but the record player arm resets itself when I move it far in enough to set it on the record. And I still need to get one of those mixed singles.

• 1 month later...