Burger Records Thread

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Immense gratitude to @sogross for the hook-up with the Death Valley Girls LP....stopped in at the Burger store and snagged me a copy! Thanks a ton!

DSCN5888.jpg

And this thing does glow in the dark! Pic was a bit grainy but to be expected w/o flash and in the dark...and the glow is not THAT bright...

DSCN5891.jpg

38 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Juan does it sound ok or like crap?

Surprisingly enough, it sounds pretty good. I cleaned it first and very few pops. I'd guess it's due to being a little heavier in weight than usual flimsy glow in dark vinyl. Compared to an Integrity GID I have, this sounds worlds apart better. 

On 6/10/2016 at 7:13 AM, jhulud said:

Been a while since anyone's discussed any of Burger's releases as of late.

I just started diggin' on Death Valley Girls. Keen on picking up their new LP but the price is a bit much.

I think my favourite Burger release so far has been Levitation Room (standard flower-psych stuff) or The Lemons. Lots of good stuff this year though - DVG, Summer Twins, Seth Bogart (saw this live and it was psycho), Smoking Trees and Tracey Bryant are all good. Can't wait for Thee Commons and Mozes/Firstborns new albums later in the year as well.

On 7/21/2016 at 5:42 PM, segal-train said:

I think my favourite Burger release so far has been Levitation Room (standard flower-psych stuff) or The Lemons. Lots of good stuff this year though - DVG, Summer Twins, Seth Bogart (saw this live and it was psycho), Smoking Trees and Tracey Bryant are all good. Can't wait for Thee Commons and Mozes/Firstborns new albums later in the year as well.

I haven't explored the full range of Burger artists, but Conspiracy of Owls is what brought me to them - repress please!

the new Pink Mexico tape is good. (also really highly recommend their first tape that came out on Fleeting Youth a couple years back)

I was looking forward to the new Gap Dream but kinda disappointed in what I've heard so far, seems like a step backwards for him.

Edited by ratbrain

• 8 months later...

Death Valley Girls are heading to Europe and need funds for the tour. They've hand-made 50 different covers and lyrics sheet for 'Glow In The Dark'. Each 5 copies is themed after one of the ten songs on the record. Each one is unique in the end. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BURGERRECORDS

• 1 month later...