R.I.P. Jason Rosenthal (singer/guitarist of On The Might of Princes)

From the On The Might of Princes Facebook page:

"it is with insane sadness that i have to write and say that jason rosenthal, singer/guitarist for On the Might of Princes, passed away last night. i don't know what to say. of course he and i have had many differences, but at the heart of what we did and what we shared, is an overwhelming amount of passion for the beauty and struggle of a long on/off friendship and trying to keep a sinking musical ship afloat. he gave so much of himself through his music, and touched so many hearts... helping us along through our hardships and loves. i'm not going to post any particular song right now, but encourage you to find the song that hit with you the most, and blast the fucking shit out of it. goodbyes like this are not good, but the flame unique people like him leave behind will warm us until we join him somewhere. be strong and hug the people you love everyday.

with love and never forgotten feedback,
-tommy"

Such a sad thing to hear about.  OTMOP has been one of my favorite bands for the past decade.  RIP Jason.

I saw these guys in at The Door in Dallas years ago, probably 2003 or 2004. It was predominantly a Christian venue. John Reuben, a white Christian rapper was playing, so some friends and I went to the show and saw the opening band, OTMOP. They got on stage, Jason commented on the fact that they were opening for two other hip hop artists, and said "Alright, this one is for all you fuckin' b-boys out there." He was subsequently yelled at by the sound guy for cursing, to which Jason whispered into the microphone, "Oh...I'm sorry!" I never got into OTMOP, but I was sad to hear of Jason's death.