WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

never seen this movie, listening to the soundtrack on YouTube now.

with all due respect to the people buying it - the artwork and variants are absolutely gorgeous - I'm a little surprised these are selling as quickly as they seem to be. not really feeling this music and the movie has god-awful reviews, but I'm assuming it's one of those cult b-movies that's a good watch for entertainment value

I think you're missing the point of horror-related soundtrack reissues if this one seems bizarre to you. Plus, horror movies (even legitimately good ones) often receive awful reviews.

I think you're missing the point of horror-related soundtrack reissues if this one seems bizarre to you. Plus, horror movies (even legitimately good ones) often receive awful reviews.

I'm not sure that's fair to say - I own a few myself. I have Cannibal Holocaust, Zombi Holocaust, Creepshow, Shaun of the Dead, Girl Walks Home Alone At Night- those all have great soundtracks that I could find myself actually listening to regardless of their attachment to awesome horror movies. I would scoop up copies of something like The Thing or Halloweeen in a second.

But those movies have soundtracks worth listening to.

I've got a feeling CHUD isn't selling quite as fast as WW was hoping based on the steady stream of advertisements they've been pumping out on twitter, facebook, and instagram. The fact that their flesh and blood variant is limited to 500 and is still available also leads me to believe this.

I haven't seen the movie since the DVD came out, but I don't recall thinking it had aged very well myself. When the soundtrack release was announced I gave a few tracks a listen on youtube and it didn't grab me. Guess it's good to know I don't have to buy every single thing they put out and can put that money towards other records on my want list.

for the folks who haven't watched it, watch it. I believe its still on Netflix. it has Daniel Stern in it, come on! I wouldn't be surprised it gets remade one day soon, so always good to know the original material.

that being said, ive been waiting for this release since WW teased it and I happily grabbed the flesh/blood splatter.

It's also got John Goodman for like five seconds!

But seriously holy shit, I would never want the soundtrack on vinyl.

I'm a huge fan of schlock and exploitation movies but thought CHUD was just boring and disappointing. I don't think we even made it through the entire movie the one time we tried to watch it? We decided to watch Night of the Creeps instead and that movie was awesome. 

$29 for the CHUD soundtrack on vinyl is just really funny to me. 

Something that'll never get old to me, is people that say they didn't like a movie they didn't watch in its entirety. Hey, if you aren't feelin it and want to turn it off, that's your prerogative, but don't give people a review on it. Especially saying it was "disappointing." You didn't even watch it all. Obviously, though, do whatever you want. Just always been a pet peeve of mine.

If the definition of a dud is a record that doesn't sell 500 copies in its first few days of release, then pretty much every record, aside from a few, talked about on this board is a dud.

I think the VC definition of a dud is a record that doesn't sell out quick enough for VC buyers to flip. #truedat #tellmeimwrong # youlyin #dontfront

I mean I see what they're saying - it's still selling well, but compared to some of the recent Waxwork releases it's definitely selling slower, and I'm not really sure how that could be a surprise considering the obscurity of the movie and the not super memorable music. Doesn't really make it a "dud", but it's worth noting that it isn't flying off the shelves like a Mondo release or something.

If anyone wanted to order the Babadook pop up book, they had a small number of cancellations so you can order them again until theyre gone. Price is $80 shipped. I just ordered mine.

http://thebabadook.com/3mppd5x65bbv/

password: basement

Dude....

Seriously....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

YOU JUST MADE MY SHITE DAY AT WORK AWESOME!