WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

16 minutes ago, jakethegriff said:

Where do you see these number's? 

I caught the vinyl via their search results before anyone purchased a copy (I had an alert on my browser set).

It started at /1000 copies and fell dramatically after. I don't know how the link spread so fast, but they sold 500 before they even Tweeted it.

If you try to add an absurd number to your cart (e.g. 99999) it'll tell you how many remain.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I caught the vinyl via their search results before anyone purchased a copy (I had an alert on my browser set).

It started at /1000 copies and fell dramatically after. I don't know how the link spread so fast, but they sold 500 before they even Tweeted it.

If you try to add an absurd number to your cart (e.g. 99999) it'll tell you how many remain.

Ahh, That makes sense.  I was lucky enough to get my order in.  Buyer's remorse, kind of - but I already cleared this purchase with my wife - I just didn't tell her how much....

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

So, how long until they restock another 1000? Have they ever done that for a deluxe edition?

The crazy thing is that even if they did, they'll sell in a blaze again.

If I'm not mistaken, they did that with The Warriors deluxe. Like 50 or 100 more went on sale a month or so later. Same with F13: 3 now that I think about it.

33 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

$70... but holy shit, this thing is selling like wildfire. Started at /1000 and it's down to just 450 now.

I thought it started at 1500, LE. Maybe that's why they pulled it down for a minute; to get the quantity correct.

22 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If it was any other movie, I would probably pass.  But I love this movie and the soundtrack, so they got me to pay $40 extra for some bullshit booklet and a better looking vinyl variant.  What kills me too is that they dropped the Sub discount to 10% instead of 20%.

Discount dropped from 18% to 10%, but still a bummer. They basically admitted they did this because so many people were sharing their discounts with non-subscribers that it was negatively impacting their bottom line. I guess the couldn't/didn't want to find a more effective way of policing that.

Just now, docbronze said:

I thought it started at 1500, LE. Maybe that's why they pulled it down for a minute; to get the quantity correct.

I don't know. The first quantity I saw was 996,  when the link went live for a split second, and then when it reappeared I checked and it was down to ~850. I thought "wow sold a hundred already, good for The Thing!" Little did I know the terror that would be unleashed onto the internet just minutes later.

1 minute ago, docbronze said:

Discount dropped from 18% to 10%, but still a bummer. They basically admitted they did this because so many people were sharing their discounts with non-subscribers that it was negatively impacting their bottom line. I guess the couldn't/didn't want to find a more effective way of policing that.

Wouldn't think it would be too hard to cross reference people using the discount with those on the sub list and cancel any violators' orders. But what do I know...

I'm sure they held back copies in case of damage and for subscribers who missed out on the drop.  Pretty sure that was the case for past releases too where sold-out copies reappeared (F13, deluxe warriors).

If that tidbit about policing the discount codes is true then that is just asinine.  They don't have 10,000 subscribers so it could easily be policed.   Secondly, people are stupid for sharing the code.

29 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'll trash talk the model until I'm blue in the face. But I still bit, because The Thing is one of my favorite movies ever and I sadly have an "emergency vinyl fund" for things like this.

Now, I go about my day trying to ignore I spent $77 on this...

Love the "emergency vinyl fund"

Definitely setting one of those up now!

Just now, ThunderPantz said:

Vent your frustration to Waxwork.  Maybe in the future they will limit the number of copies people can buy.

Yeah, for a /1000 release this popular they should have had a 1- or 2-copy limit per household.

Subscribers apparently only had a 20-minute warning as well.

Maybe they'll change something after this, or they'll just make their money and shrug.

To be honest, I understand all the frustration, but they did send out multiple notices stating they'd be releasing today. Historically most major releases by WW have been done so between the hours of 11-12pm cst  - and it should have been expected that this release would have yielded extremely high interest, with limited availability.

The price of the original LP in all its variations is indicative of that. With that being said - I don't agree with purchasing of multiple copies to turn and gouge on eBay- that's atrocious. I scored one of each variation (one for myself, and one for my brother) around 11:05ish am because I knew it was going to drop today, and well aware of the aforementioned popularity/demand behind it.  I refreshed several times to see how long they'd last - they sold out about 15-20 mins later -  but there was ample time to purchase - In my humble opinion anyways. I too would have been irritated, had it been me, but some of the folks on their FB page are pretty ruthless.