WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

7 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

More copies going up tomorrow.   And if Waxwork really did cancel the multiple flipper orders, then good for them.  Glad they put this statement out - even if in hindsight some of their releases are on the pricey side: 

http://waxworkrecords.com/blogs/news/the-thing-update

Pretty much the best answer  and course of action possible.

Yeah, part of the fun is collecting "limited" vinyl. It annoys me a bit when people bitch about not getting something that was limited so the company caves and makes more to appease the whiney bitches who arent sitting in front of their computer patiently waiting like the rest of us. Everyone wants a Charizard so I guess we will put a charizard in every booster pack. Fuck that, you get Caterpie.

11 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Yeah, part of the fun is collecting "limited" vinyl. It annoys me a bit when people bitch about not getting something that was limited so the company caves and makes more to appease the whiney bitches who arent sitting in front of their computer patiently waiting like the rest of us. Everyone wants a Charizard so I guess we will put a charizard in every booster pack. Fuck that, you get Caterpie.

I think most people are bitching because flippers purchased so many because there were no limits. One ebay guy had 15 listed. Not because they didn't press enough. 

35 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I feel like I experience deja vu everytime this argument for 'limited for the sake of being limited' on this site and on Expresso Beans. 

Its a real problem here in America. I blame Trump.

I just miss the days of /50 variants. I will at least admit that nowhere at any time did Waxwork say this record was limited in any way; at least not that I saw.

2 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Its a real problem here in America. I blame Trump.

I just miss the days of /50 variants. I will at least admit that nowhere at any time did Waxwork say this record was limited in any way; at least not that I saw.

Fair point, but given their track record of previous deluxe items selling out combined with the price tag of this one I took it that limited was a safe assumption.   Had this been an open edition release from the start I doubt I would've thrown down for the deluxe.   But that's just my collector mindset that I'll never be able to shake despite how irrational it may be.

35 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Fair point, but given their track record of previous deluxe items selling out combined with the price tag of this one I took it that limited was a safe assumption.   Had this been an open edition release from the start I doubt I would've thrown down for the deluxe.   But that's just my collector mindset that I'll never be able to shake despite how irrational it may be.

I definitely agree. Usually something like that packaging would be limited. I always assume the non-deluxe variants are going to be re-pressed.

5 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Kind of lame that they're repressing the deluxe in the exact same colorway -  ruins the limited nature of it, in my opinion.  Especially considering how overpriced it was.

oh please. I'm not sure that is even happening, but even if it's the same color, the packaging will probably be different or something. Even if it isn't, the first print is still likely to command a premium price, if that is your concern. Sometimes there is virtually no difference between one press and another, but the first is still sought-after more so than the RP.

1 minute ago, the industry said:

the packaging will probably be different or something. Even if it isn't, the first print is still likely to command a premium price, if that is your concern. Sometimes there is virtually no difference between one press and another, but the first is still sought-after more so than the RP.

Seems like they're just going to do an exact repress of both versions. The only time OG presses are worth more is when farrr more time elapses between pressings and/or there's a noticeable difference.

If the deluxe had been an open edition from the get-go I may have waited a long time until copies flooded the market to see if they eventually fell. Because $70 is still bananas.

8 minutes ago, the industry said:

oh please. I'm not sure that is even happening, but even if it's the same color, the packaging will probably be different or something. Even if it isn't, the first print is still likely to command a premium price, if that is your concern. Sometimes there is virtually no difference between one press and another, but the first is still sought-after more so than the RP.

Even if there is no difference, the copyright year and other small info will differ. It won't on these. They are cashing in on the hype and demand.

4 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Seems like they're just going to do an exact repress of both versions. The only time OG presses are worth more is when farrr more time elapses between pressings and/or there's a noticeable difference.

If I went looking through my wishlist I could show you quite a few exceptions to that statement. 

Are you guys just assuming the RP will be identical? Cause I don't see that stated anywhere. 

Edited by the industry

2 hours ago, the industry said:

If I went looking through my wishlist I could show you quite a few exceptions to that statement. 

Are you guys just assuming the RP will be identical? Cause I don't see that stated anywhere. 

Only thing i seen from them in regards/confirming colors was on IG... I believe they said 2-3 weeks on Monday pre orders, and 8 weeks on today's PO. 

Just assuming they'd be the same, with that kind of turn around. Unless they had it in the works already for another color