WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

6 hours ago, the industry said:

If I went looking through my wishlist I could show you quite a few exceptions to that statement. 

Are you guys just assuming the RP will be identical? Cause I don't see that stated anywhere. 

Someone asked in the comments on IG if there will be a discernible difference between the two presses and Waxwork replied "no."

6 hours ago, the industry said:

If I went looking through my wishlist I could show you quite a few exceptions to that statement. 

Are you guys just assuming the RP will be identical? Cause I don't see that stated anywhere. 

Please do. Curious to see which immediate represses that are identical to the original go for quite a bit less on the secondary market.

So there's also a handfull of disclaimers now too.

"This item is a new pre-order that will ship in approximately eight weeks.

Please limit two (2) copies of the Deluxe "Ice" variant per customer. Orders over two (2) copies will be refunded within 24 hours. "

Is it fair to assume the "first" preorder from Monday will ship before that?  The prefix "new pre order" seems to seperate the two pressings, and I'm assuming it would be an earlier date.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Anybody get deluxe in yet?

Don't even have shipping confirmation yet. Apparently even the first batch were pre-orders scheduled to ship 3-4 weeks after ordering. I thought they stopped pre-orders after the Krampus and Goosebumps fiascos, but I guess not

On 3/3/2017 at 0:46 PM, yanquiuxo said:

So judging by The Thing release, we can expect another $75 price tag for the jacket?

Was the soundtrack to the babadook that good? I liked the movie but the music didn't seem especially memorable

Probably not even worth $15, but seeing as how Waxwork loves to rip-off fans with gimmicks like patches and jackets that separate in the middle, this $15 LP will easily spike to $60-$80 territory because of "manufacturing" costs of the pop-up jacket.